Another round of 80-days is coming to an end. I saw a lot of change in this round and loads of ups and downs. This round saw a ton of editing and not as much writing, but on the weeks I wrote, I put down more words then ever before. The round also had a lot of firsts, first logline, first blurb, first query, first pitch, first request, and first send. Although there is no assurance the publishers will like what they see, I’m moving forward. As I wait to hear and wait for the next round of 80-days, I’ll continue to work on my craft and I will write.
I’ve wrapped up the motivation jars this week too. My brother, who belongs to that other political party, has agreed to take my money and donate it for me. Thanks brother, don’t think I could do it otherwise, lol. Wardrobe jar will be spent, looking forward to it. I’m hoping to get a new pair of jeans and a new pair of shoes this week. Yeah, something new for ME 😀
Motivation Jars (14-goals in all & $7.50 is up for grabs each week): 11-goals had real good progress or are complete. Wardrobe Jar gets $5.89 (total $70.17) and NOT my political party of choice jar gets $1.61 (total $12.33)
The Goals – week-11 results
- Spend at least 1-hour a day with my characters– done
- Pick a title for Voyage Novu #1 & #2- GOAL COMPLETE.
- Write 3,000 words each week or 33,000 for the round- 1,006 words, I got back to writing yesterday, yeah. Getting my polish on VN#1 has occupied the majority of my time. Now that I’ve hit send, I’ll let it rest and give VN#2 my full attention, and that means the write day is here again. Happy times.
- Spend time editing at least 3 times each week- done. I spent 6-days editing this week, would have been 7, but I hit send on Friday.
- Send Voyage Novu #1 to 2nd beta- GOAL COMPLETE.
- Finish Editing Voyage Novu #1- GOAL COMPLETE, for now.
- Voyage Novu#1 Query/Synopsis: finish, polish, get 2nd opinions, finalize AND send out 1st round- Goal complete.
- Finish first draft of Voyage Novu#2 and begin to edit- Goal incomplete. I did get a ton written this round, just not lately, but I’m close to having the first draft finished.
- Finish reading current craft book and start another- GOAL COMPLETE.
- Workout a minimum of 200-minutes a week and round it out with plenty of water, sleep and my calorie limit- done.
- Study one of the Nia 52-moves each week- Elbow Strikes, downward, outward and backward: push with your feet, stay agile, and engage the Core of your body. Imagine that you are puncturing the space around you. Keep your lower jaw relaxed and mouth slightly open. Alternate sides.
- Finish the Sanjana bars and start the Opal bars (i.e. studying the song/movement structure)- Goal incomplete. No progress, again this week, but hitting send was my priority. Even though the last few weeks I’ve fallen off the truck here, and I didn’t finish liked I’d hoped, I made a huge dent this round, much improved over Round-2.
- Finish needed continuing education, enter all credits on PMI site and save my PMP certification for another 3-years- GOAL COMPLETE! Wahoo, just pulled this one off. My certification is safe for three more years.
- Stay on top of my co-op preschool Treasurer responsibilities- deposits made, reports completed and distributed.
SYTYCD – season 9, top 4
We’re coming to the end of the season, queue the tears and sobbing, lol. Lots of tremendous dancing this week and narrowing it down to one is impossible, but I was able to pick two. The first is choreographed by Stacey Tookey with the raw performance by Chehon & Allison makes it the top pick this week.
I had to share this next piece as well, because even though it can’t compete with the raw power of the first performance, it makes a break for it and the quality of the dancing is unreal. Choreographed by Travis Wall with the ueber talented Eliana & Alex. Watch her feet, watch her toes, watch everything. wow.
What you might have missed here this week: