You’ve heard the advice: Don’t compare yourself to others, right? And, you’ve heard something like this one too: watch the folks who have the career you want. Learn from what they’re doing.
I believe in both of these ideas. However, doing the latter can have a direct impact in your ability to do the first. It’s important to remember that comparison is only helpful IF it pushes you forward towards your goal.
I think it’s a good time to remind myself of my theme for this round: be the best I can be. <~~this theme is all about me, lol, it’s not about anyone else. In this theme, I’m giving myself permission to think completely selfishly, because it’s not what someone else did today. It’s about what I am doing today. Not yesterday. Not tomorrow. It’s about what I am doing today.
Today I am thankful for all that I have, especially my family who I love more than anything. I’m also thankful I have the guts to work towards my goals one day at a time.
So, what are you doing today? What are you giving yourself permission to do? Are you remembering to stop and smell the roses? Below you’ll find a couple pictures from my garden. 🙂
The Goals – week-3 results
- Spend at least 1-hour a day with my characters – done.
- Daily progress in writing craft, word count, editing, and/or plotting – done, except for Monday AND Friday, ugh. Evil day jobs are the worst, except on payday, lol. I did make some excellent progress on edits this week. I’m almost ready for my next read through.
- Workout a minimum of three times a week and round it out with plenty of water, sleep, and my calorie limit – not done. I worked out twice and then I got hit with a sinus cold. I still feel terrible although the sunny weather is helping. WEEK 4 PRIORITY
- Weekly Nia study (i.e. studying the song/movement structure) – done. I’ve been working on trying to fit this goal into regular rotation and this week I made a couple of changes and it worked. Sometimes all it takes is a shift in how you track things or a shift in strategy. I’m keeping this as a priority until I see a pattern. WEEK 4 PRIORITY
- Stay on top of my co-op preschool Treasurer responsibilities – done. I completed a couple deposits and mailed a bunch of bills.
- Organize something in the house each week – done. A couple of weeks ago I mentioned my husbands basement project, the play area for our two boys. He’s making good progress. He finished the wall, hung the basketball hoop, and added legs to a table that had none. Now, I’m helping out with the cleaning up, sorting, and putting the toys back. It’s going to be a fabulous space. We’ll finish it just in time for the weather to be nice and they’ll be playing outside, lol.
What you might have missed here this week:
Sounds like you’ve had a productive week!
Keep up the good work!
Thanks, Edward and same to you. 🙂
I hope your cold is much better! I hate when that happens. Even a cold can really knock you down.
Good week overall! And I love your conclusion that you should be selfishly inclined when thinking about your goals. It’s like your elementary teacher you said, “Keep your eyes on your own paper.” LOL. Have a marvelous week, S.J.!
It’s getting better, slowly, ugh. Thanks, Julie 🙂
good week there – and yay for being selfish sometimes – all for it:) all the best with goals
😀 Thanks, Alberta
Good job on getting a lot done, despite the sinus infection. I give myself permission to write crap, or else I’d never finish a draft. 🙂 Hope you feel better soon!
Oh, sorry to hear about your sinus cold 😦 You did get a lot done nonetheless, good for you! Hope you have a great writing week!