I had one of those weeks. You know them. The kind that forces you to push yourself on less and less sleep. There are not enough hours in the day. You’d think I’d know this by now.
I won’t bore you with the details, but I need to learn how to say no. Ugh. My solace this week was editing. Normally, I’m not a big fan of editing. It’s hard. Well, everything in writing is hard, but editing is the hardest part for me.
I did turn in a set of edits earlier this week and by the next day I’d received more notes from MY editor. I have an editor. 🙂 and I’ve been working all week. Yesterday, it was time to stop. I had to go for it. I’ve put in my all and now it’s time to let it go.
I turned my MS in yesterday. Gulp.
What a week.
I found another treat on SYTYCD this week. This routine inspired a whole story while I watched. Wow. I’ve been loving Hayley and she got to dance her routine this week with one of her choreographers because her partner got injured. Poor Curtis, but wait till you see this. There’s a spot about 1/2 that is a must see. It’s one of those quite moments, a lift and a freze and then it all melts away. It will steal your breath away. The dancing starts about 44 seconds into the video. Here’s Hayley and choreographer Leonardo (replacing an injured Curtis) performing an Argentine Tango routine choreographed by Miriam and Leonardo
The Goals – week-5 results
- Spend at least 1-hour a day with my characters – done.
- Daily progress in writing craft, word count, editing, and/or plotting – done. I edited everyday and worked a smidgen on my new WIP on Friday.
- Workout a minimum of three times a week and round it out with plenty of water, sleep, and my calorie limit – done. I got in 6 workouts this week and hit the other goals here too.
- Weekly Nia study (i.e. studying the song/movement structure) – kind of done. I only danced two of my three new routines. Wow. They are full of awesome. I can’t wait to dance them again. Powerful stuff. 😀 WEEK 6 PRIORITY
- Stay on top of my co-op preschool Treasurer responsibilities – done. It was a busy week here with deposits, all kinds of reporting, follow-up, and training.
- Organize something in the house each week & clean something in the house every day – not done. Once again I’m not getting to these bottom two goals. I really would have benefitted from daily cleaning this week too, but instead I smushed all the cleaning into my Friday and Saturday. Grr. WEEK 6 PRIORITY
- Spend time in the garden – not done. WEEK 6 PRIORITY
What you might have missed here this week: