I’m so thrilled that the second book in my Love Project series, TAKING COURAGE has released. I’m proud of the characters and their journey and I want to share more of them with you. I’m visiting many friends around the web for interviews, exclusive excerpts, and more. See the links on my Appearances page. Today, I’m giving you the inside scoop on this series of mine.
- All of the Love Project stories are standalones. However, if you read the whole series, you will find fun overlaps.
- I created a chart! Can you see the Project Manager in SJ standing in a conference room explaining the details of the Love Projects. 😉
- TAKING CHANCES is the first in the series. Its epilogue took place at Club Voyage on the same night TAKING COURAGE begins.
- If you read the epilogue in Taking Chances, you’ll find information not only on Taking Courage, but also on the third and forth books in the series.
- The epilogue for Taking Chances occurs three months later and the epilogue for Taking Courage occurs only one week later.
- Once you’ve read Taking Courage you’ll have met the heroes and heroines for the third and forth books, plus the hero from Unravel Me which is in an anthology releasing Friday!
- There are two characters that will appear in each of the Love Project books. They’ve been at least mentioned in Untangle Me and Unravel Me as well. I’m curious if anyone knows who they are?
- The manuscripts for both Taking Chances and Taking Courage didn’t originally have epilogues. My fabulous editor said something to me in both cases that sparked the idea. Now, I can’t imagine either without them.
- June 11th is officially my Take a Chance Day. It’s the day I submitted Taking Chances to Evernight Publishing for their consideration. It’s a day I believed in my dream. It’s a day I’ll never forget.
- I wrote an *extra love scene for Jake and Lydia from Taking Chances. Lydia talks about what led up to this scene in Taking Courage.You can read the love scene right here:
Lydia removed all her clothes and stepped into the lukewarm shower. She hadn’t second guessed her decision to get a tattoo until her toe touched the not hot enough water, but she’d always wanted ink and she wanted nothing more than to show off her commitment to the Dom she loved.
After carefully removing the wet bandage, she cleaned the area. The tattoo artist better be right about the cold water because she felt like a cat who was asking for a rocking chair to smoosh its tail. She angled her body as far out of the spray as possible and turned up the cold water.
She counted faster than she should have and turned off the shower. “Shit. That was stupid.” She slammed the shower door back and reached for her towel, but it wasn’t there.
“I agree. That was stupid.”
“Jake!” She pressed her hand over her heart, thankfully covering the tattoo. “When did you come in?” She didn’t ask for the towel, knowing he wouldn’t release it from his clenched fists.
“Why the cold shower?” He stepped closer and reached for her hand.
Instinctively she reached for him.
“What did you do?” He helped her out of the show and then stopped her forward movement. After throwing the towel on the counter, he got down on one knee and caressed the skin around her new permanent mark.
“Surprise. Do you like it?” She trembled from his touch and the goose bumps covering her skin.
“It’s sexy.” He kissed her breast gently and looked up into her eyes. “I love it and I love you.”
She pressed her palm to his cheek. “I love you.”
He reached for the towel, pressed it over her ink, and then picked her up and carried her to the center of their bed. She reached for the towel, but he threw it across the room.
“Naughty girls who do things to their bodies without their Doms approval don’t get the luxury of warm towels.” He crawled between her legs and kissed a trail from her navel to her left breast. “Your work here is done. I’m taking charge of your heat. Now, be a good pet and reach for the head board and hang on.”
Once she grabbed the rungs of the headboard, she gasped as he took her nipple into his mouth. The sweet pull of his greedy mouth sent warmth in a direct path to her pussy and out over her needy body. He pushed her breast up and flicked her nipple with his tongue. She looked down and found his gaze trained on her. The passion and love returning to her opened her heart and her legs.
“My mind is filling with all kinds of punishments for you.” He traced a circle around the new tattoo and then around her nipple, but all I can think about right now is getting my cock deep inside you.”
“Oh yes, please. Please, fuck me, Sir.”
A smile spread wide across his face. “You’ve gotten a hell of a lot better at telling me what you want. I’ll have to reward that behavior.” He crawled up the bed and hovered over her. “You know, I don’t think it’s good to cover a new tattoo.” He nibbled on her ear lobe. “You’ll have to stay in the nude all weekend.”
“All weekend.” A shiver rolled through her, but heat followed when a long list of wicked things entered her thoughts.
“It’s the gift that keeps on giving.” The tip of his cock teased at her entrance. “Are you ready my love?”
“I’m always ready for you, Sir.” She pulled at the headboard and sucked in a breath as he filled her.
“You were ready for me. You’re so hot and wet.” He pulled out and pushed right back in. The bed rocked under them as he worked into a fierce rhythm.
“Reach for that orgasm now my love, because it’s the last one you’ll be getting for a while.”
“What! Oh.” She pulled her knees back and he thrust his hard cock into her again. He’d been pushing her farther and farther lately. She wondered how far she’d fly this weekend once he finally let her orgasm break free. His cock stroked her sweet spot. Thankfully, she didn’t have to worry about holding back right now. “It’s coming.”
He angled her hips and pushed in as her orgasm spread in bright pulses all over her body. His strokes became slower, but stronger and in no time he was grunting his pleasure and she rolled right into another round of tingling bliss.
She wrapped her arms around his neck and pulled him down. He pushed his tongue into her mouth and claimed her all over again.
When he pulled from her body, they snuggled into a tight embrace. Warm comfort surrounded them and left her wondering what chance she would take next for the man who had captured her body and soul.
I hope you enjoyed that extra scene. My release day party is still going with an exclusive excerpt and a few giveaways to be won. You can see that post here and don’t forget to check my Appearances page for more inside scope.
I’m going to have to go back and read the epilogue! I just started reading Taking Courage.
Sweet! I hope you enjoy it, Cara. 🙂
I’m going to have to pick up Taking Chances and read these in sequence. So where does Untangle Me sit in the sequence?
Oh, I’d love it if you’d do that. 😀 Really good question, Kiru. It really could fit in anywhere actually. I released it between Taking Chances and Taking Courage. So, for that reason alone I’ll say in-between them. 🙂
Cool. I’ve just bought Taking Chances and Untangle Me. Now to get some downtime to read them. 😀
Sweet! TY, Kiru. 😀
Nice extra scene and thanks for the inside scoop on the books!
Pingback: ROW80 Check-in #104 How It All Started | S.J. Maylee
Pingback: Ten Things to know about the Club Blind series | S.J. Maylee
Pingback: Ten New Things to know about the Love Projects Series | S.J. Maylee