My goal this week was to look on the bright side. Yesterday I turned another year older, the annual event I’ve come to loathe. Oh, I know it’s just a number. I even tried to play a few games with it. I tried not to think about it, that didn’t work. I tried to stall, but the calendar kept moving. I tried to convince myself I was 10-years younger I’m too smart for that one. Figures.
If I have to turn older then we can all eat cake,
looks like someone’s already eaten half of this one. Bet it was yummy.
While I was trying to ignore my impending dooms day, I dove into edits. Last week I had a hard time getting the ball rolling, but this week the wheels started to turn and I finished the first (for story) and second (to fix passive voice, remove unnecessary words, and add in all kinds of visceral responses) read throughs. I’m going to give it one more read through and then I will send it to the CP. I will.
I survived my birthday and I cruised through a week of edits <– bright side. Look at me. I’m a champion. 🙂
What have you championed lately? Tell me your happy endings and let’s celebrate together.
The Goals – week-8 results
- Spend at least 1-hour a day with my characters- done.
- Daily progress in writing craft, word count, editing, and/or plotting- done. I finished the fifth and started the sixth Lectures in my Margie Packet and I edited everyday this week. I’ve read through the WIP twice now and it’s time to warn the CP. It’s almost ready.
- Workout a minimum of three times a week and round it out with plenty of water, sleep and my calorie limit- DONE. By the hair of my chinny chin chin 🙂
- Daily Nia study (i.e. studying the song/movement structure)- kind of done. A part of my teacher membership I can pick 4-routines a year from the library. The packet includes, the music CD, the routine on a DVD, and the standard supporting documents. I have not yet picked one, silly me. I picked one this week and it arrived yesterday. I’m looking forward to the new movement. WEEK 9 PRIORITY
- Stay on top of my co-op preschool Treasurer responsibilities- done. I’m actually surprised I got anything else done this week. This goal took a massive amount of time. I finished deposits, reports, invoicing, and prep for a huge event yesterday which I did not attend. I was too busy
hidingcelebrating my birthday. Anyways, I got it all done. Wow.
- Organize something in the house each week- done. Well, sort of. It was my birthday yesterday. So instead of organizing the house I pampered myself with at home spa stuff. I organized myself a bit, that counts, right? lol. You can agree with me, it was my birthday. 🙂
What you might have missed here this week: I had TWO of my favorite authors, double score, it was my birthday.
Spotlight: Mystically Bound by Stacey Kennedy <–I finished this yesterday. 5-Stars, love this series.
I Torture My Characters with Sarah Ballance <–I’m reading this next, so excited