Last week I had a pretty good week and then this week, well, it was the opposite. I could so easily point the finger at the evil day job and my volunteer responsibilities, they both deserve the evil eye, but I’m convinced I could have done better. At this point in the analysis I cold stop and attempt to unhook the disappointment, but nope, I can’t, because I can and want to do more with my week. The test will come this week when I’m expecting much of the same from the evil day job. I’m going to take the feeling I’ve got itching in my fingers and barrel right into the coming week. Wish me luck, I’m probably going to need it.
The Goals – week-2 results
- Spend at least 1-hour a day with my characters- done.
- Daily progress in writing craft, word count, editing, and/or plotting- done. I did read three more sections in my current craft book, but I didn’t finish it. I did read two more chapters in my CPs WIP, but I didn’t finish that either. I did figure out some plot holes and I added almost 2k to the WIP.
- Workout a minimum of three times a week and round it out with plenty of water, sleep and my calorie limit- NOT DONE. Ugh, I only worked out once this week. WEEK 3 PRIORITY
- Daily Nia study (i.e. studying the song/movement structure)- I did nothing here this week 😦 WEEK 3 PRIORITY
- Stay on top of my co-op preschool Treasurer responsibilities- done. I finished several reports, paid many bills and got them all in the mail.
- Organize something in the house each week- done. I organized paper this week. I sorted, I piled, I shredded, I recycled. When I was half way done, I had a big ole mess, but it made a huge difference and we’re one step closer to the tax accountant. Yeah!
I got to almost all my goals in some way, but Nia, but I didn’t get enough done to really make me pleased. I’ll try again this week.
What you might have missed here this week:
Spotlight on Holiday Jinx by Abbey MacInnis
Breaking it Down with Jenna Owens author of Taught
Menage Romance 2013 Fan Choice Awards
Flash Fiction #34 Who’s There?
You still managed some of it. Good job. Everyone has off weeks. Give yourself a break. I was like this a lot last round. I’m sending lots of good vibes for the coming few days. 🙂 x
Thanks, Laura. I’m going to focus on those little bursts that Kathrese mentioned in her comment. Carpe Diem! 😀
It seems as if you got so much accomplished! I sure wouldn’t look at it as needing a “Do-Over”–but, I’m not you, so, you go!
I know what you mean, in another week I might look at this week and think that was great, but I really could have done more. We’re always busy, that just isn’t going away. If I’m going to make real progress, I need to find a way to get things done at every opportunity and I missed many of those short bursts last week. Thanks for stopping by and giving your reaction, I appreciate that and it helped, thanks.
Hey wait, I do get a do over, right now 😉 Off I go.
You did great! You got almost all of them, and that’s progress!
I’m sure you’ll work things out for next week and will kick some serious butt!
You’re right, I did move forward, even if it was a baby step. I just wanted so badly to finish my CP’s WIP and get it back to her. Okay, I’m off to kick some serious butt 🙂
Your last goal, organizing, was probably the hardest. I know it’s the one I struggle with the most. So, well done! And you wrote, too? That’s awesome. Attach a time limit to the tasks that want to take over. And, if you have trouble getting started on a less-than-favorite activity, set a timer for 15 minutes. You can do almost anything for 15 minutes. When you’re done, you may even want to do more.
Yes, I love this and that’s exactly what I didn’t do this past week. My time was limited, more so than usual, and I didn’t seize those short bursts, which is something I must do. Thanks, Kathrese.
It sounds like you did pretty well there – most goals – especaily if the job was busy – well done I say – I agree with the above its amazing how much just 15 mins will acheive _ I cant do that with the actualy storytelling but get a lot done around the WIP – all the best for this week:)
You did pretty well, even if you missed a goal. Plenty of progress here! Hope the Evil Day Job doesn’t interfere too much this week. Have a good one!
At the beginning of your post you made it sound like you had nothing all week but it’s not true! You did get a lot done, and I’m sure this week will be even better. I know all about the day job taking over my life, but we can do this! Have a great writing week 🙂
Hi SJ, it looks like Kait has hit some trouble and we have no mid-week check-in. So no one is left out, please come over to our Facebook group and leave a link to your check-in post and we will be over to visit. The page address is https://www.facebook.com/groups/row80/ Alternatively, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org and I’ll pass your post on. I know Facebook isn’t everyone’s cup of tea!
Should we have no Linky on Sunday, we’ll just keep working this way until things sort themselves out.
Cate (Round 1 Sponsor)