I’m not sharing 6-sentences this week, but I am posting my ROW80 (A Round of Words in 80 Days – the writing challenge that knows you have a life) update, which I also post each Sunday during the 80-day challenge. I’ll be back next Sunday with a new 6.
Disappointment can be caused by simply having your expectations too high. How much should I have expected out of a holiday week? Well, we didn’t travel this year, although I did cook quite a feast, and we did have company for two days. But. I’m just getting a handle on my new normal, so, yes, my expectations were a bit high, My goals needed a good week. I enjoyed my family, I enjoyed the holiday and for that alone I can’t be disappointed, but my results were a mixed bag.
I did make a change in my schedule that will help week-9. I didn’t sign-up for Six Sunday this week and instead I will spend several extra hours on goals today. Triple word score.
The Goals – week-8 results
- Spend at least 1-hour a day with my characters- done.
- Weekly progress in word count, editing, and/or plotting- done. I made huge progress on edits this week. Today I expect to finish a round of edits and make a huge dent on the next read through. My CP is expecting my MS this week and I’m very much looking forward to sending it to her. Boo-ya!
- Finish reading current craft book- here’s the first victim this week. I’m working through Margie’s Empowering Characters Emotions packet. I need to figure out a way to fit this in, I’ll keep at it. WEEK 9 PRIORITY.
- Workout a minimum of three times a week and round it out with plenty of water, sleep and my calorie limit- done.
- Study one of the Nia 52-moves each week- Pumps. Squeeze and then relax the palm and fingers of your hand, as if you were milking a cow. Change the tension of the squeeze. Sense for an increasing sensation of relaxation in your hands after each pump. Benefits: reminds you to keep tension out of your neck and shoulders by keeping your hands active. Builds power in the forearms and fingers.
- Finish the Nia Sanjana-routine bars and start the Nia Opal-routine bars (i.e. studying the song/movement structure)- second victim and it’s even more painful because I’m so close to done on this whole goal. WEEK 9 PRIORITY.
- Stay on top of my co-op preschool Treasurer responsibilities- done. I handled tuition payments this week.
- Organize something in the house each week- we have art work from our boys all over the house, but new stuff is constantly coming in and it’s a big job sorting and shifting through it all. Each piece needs time on the frig and in the gallery (in the basement hallway, at the bottom of the stairs, I have a tack strip made out of homasote that holds dozens of pieces for each boy). This week I updated the gallery. First, I took pictures of the works of art for the archives and then I got a new series up. I think I need to add curator to my list of titles, lol.
Hope you all have a fabulous week.
What you might have missed here this week: