For the I Heart Books Giveaway! click here
This week was all about getting back to work. I wanted not only to get back to my WIP, but I also wanted to get back to studying my craft. I came across a couple great posts that I had to share. The fabulous Janice Hardy was at Writers in the Storm this week with Be Your Own Book Doctor. Roni Loren posted My Ever Evolving Pre-Writing Process.
Two posts packed with awesomesauce. Thank you, Janice and Roni.
Then, yesterday I got a look at the October WANA Con schedule. That’s going to be a great conference. Oh yeah. 🙂
Now, for some angsty visual inspiration …
This week, Amy and Robert danced a piece choreographed by Stacey Tookey. It’s about unrequited love. It’s so good. They breathed life into this hard emotion. It stole my breath away. The dancing starts about 36-seconds in.
The Goals – week-10 results
- Spend at least 1-hour a day with my characters – done.
- Daily progress in writing craft, word count, editing, and/or plotting – done! I got back to my WIP and my craft study this week and it felt great. This goal was the perfect distraction for bad news in my personal life. My father-in-law was in the hospital all week and was diagnosed with Lymphoma on Friday. 😦
- Workout a minimum of three times a week and round it out with plenty of water, sleep, and my calorie limit – not done. I got in only one workout. It was a hard week for me personally. I was sick to my stomach with worry for my FIL and I struggled with normalcy. This week he’s going to get his port and fight. He can beat this. I know it. Now, I need to act like I know it. He’s taking care of him and I’ll take care of me. WEEK 11 PRIORITY
- Weekly Nia study (i.e. studying the song/movement structure) – not done. WEEK 11 PRIORITY
- Stay on top of my co-op preschool Treasurer responsibilities – done. It was another busy week with more bills and lots of reporting. Good news, I passed everything to my co-treasurer to take care of things for the next week. Yeah!
- Organize something in the house each week & clean something in the house every day – not done. WEEK 11 PRIORITY
- Spend time in the garden – done. I started cutting back spent blooms. This is always a sad task for me, but there’s still plenty of things to look forward to in my garden.
I’m holding a GIVEAWAY through the end of September to celebrate my debut.
What you might have missed here this week: