It happened. My book is out. There’s proof too. You can see it on Amazon. The girl who loved to read, but never dared to write until early 2011, has been published.
It’s been a crazy ride. The writing bug had been trying to nab me for a long time and I tried to ignore it. My brother was the writer, not me. I dance. I tell my stories with movement, not with words. But you see, there was the key to my destiny.
I’ve always been a story teller.
I just had to get out of my own way. Once I decided I would do what it takes, I began my journey. I wrote and wrote. I studied and studied. When passion and desire drive your work, nothing can stop you.
It also helps to surround yourself with support and #ROW80 has been there for me. Thank you to each and every participant, you rock.
So, what’s next? After I finish writing another dozen guest posts, I’ll dive back into my craft study, finish the next book in The Love Projects series, and prepare for hitting send, again.
This week, Amy and Travis Wall performed a piece that Travis choreographed. This piece is simply about the games in a relationship. It’s strong. It’s daring. It’s powerful and oh so beautiful. I could and have watched it over and over.
IT IS PERFECTION.
It’s visions like this piece or the great book I’m reading that drive me to write, to tell more stories, because I am a story teller and I have a lot more stories to tell.
The Goals – week-8 results
- Spend at least 1-hour a day with my characters – done.
- Daily progress in writing craft, word count, editing, and/or plotting – this is only done if writing guest posts can count. I’ve written a bunch and I have twice as many more to write.
- Workout a minimum of three times a week and round it out with plenty of water, sleep, and my calorie limit – not done. I didn’t get in a single workout, I blew the calorie limit more and more the further I got in the week, and got barely any sleep. I did keep up on my water. WEEK 9 PRIORITY
- Weekly Nia study (i.e. studying the song/movement structure) – not done. WEEK 9 PRIORITY
- Stay on top of my co-op preschool Treasurer responsibilities – done. I handled a bunch of stuff here, including a couple meetings, lots of reporting, and journal entries. ugh.
- Organize something in the house each week & clean something in the house every day – not done. WEEK 9 PRIORITY
- Spend time in the garden – not done. WEEK 9 PRIORITY
I’m holding a GIVEAWAY through the end of September to celebrate my debut.
What you might have missed here this week:
What a lovely week for you! Bask a little, and then get to writing again. 🙂 (And MAKE ME EDIT. The kids are starting back to school this week, so I have no excuse!)
Congratulations on publishing! That’s an accomplishment, and you should celebrate. 🙂
Good luck on your goals this week!
Woo hoo! Congratulations!
I like the way you set priorities for the week. I should borrow that idea. Good luck with the goals this week!