This is my last check-in … as a pre-published author. That’s right. My debut is coming out this week. I’ll also be celebrating the birth of my two sons on Monday and Thursday. I’m one heck of a Project Manager, lol. This week will now be known as birth week. 🙂
My goal for the week is not to panic, not to worry, and not to think about whether or not I’m ready.
Do you know what will get me through this week? My friends. I’ve met a lot of lovely people in this writing journey. At times they motivate you, encourage you, and they also make you laugh. Thank goodness for friends
Have your friends and family helped you with something lately?
This week, Tucker and Robert performed a piece by Travis Wall. I recommend listening to the intro before they dance. The choreographer was inspired by experiences he had with this own brother. In the performance, you’ll also see Tucker’s and Robert’s own experiences in this marriage of movement and music. Their fluid strength hits and melts with such grace. It’s beautiful.
The Goals – week-7 results
- Spend at least 1-hour a day with my characters – done.
- Daily progress in writing craft, word count, editing, and/or plotting – kind of done. Waiting for your first ever cover is hard. I was a nervous wasteland all week. Finally by mid-week I got moving again on my WIP and inspiration struck. I’m looking forward to spending more time with these characters.
- Workout a minimum of three times a week and round it out with plenty of water, sleep, and my calorie limit – done. I got in 5 workouts.
- Weekly Nia study (i.e. studying the song/movement structure) – kind of done. I danced one of the new routines. Gosh, it’s so good. I’m thinking about spending time studying one of these routines next. 😀 WEEK 8 PRIORITY
- Stay on top of my co-op preschool Treasurer responsibilities – done. It just took a couple of emails, a couple trips to the school and one to the bank.
- Organize something in the house each week & clean something in the house every day – done. We are hosting family and friends today to celebrate my kids’ birthdays. There was a lot of organizing going on this week.
- Spend time in the garden – done.
What you might have missed here this week: