This is my last check-in … as a pre-published author. That’s right. My debut is coming out this week. I’ll also be celebrating the birth of my two sons on Monday and Thursday. I’m one heck of a Project Manager, lol. This week will now be known as birth week. 🙂
My goal for the week is not to panic, not to worry, and not to think about whether or not I’m ready.
Do you know what will get me through this week? My friends. I’ve met a lot of lovely people in this writing journey. At times they motivate you, encourage you, and they also make you laugh. Thank goodness for friends
Have your friends and family helped you with something lately?
This week, Tucker and Robert performed a piece by Travis Wall. I recommend listening to the intro before they dance. The choreographer was inspired by experiences he had with this own brother. In the performance, you’ll also see Tucker’s and Robert’s own experiences in this marriage of movement and music. Their fluid strength hits and melts with such grace. It’s beautiful.
The Goals – week-7 results
- Spend at least 1-hour a day with my characters – done.
- Daily progress in writing craft, word count, editing, and/or plotting – kind of done. Waiting for your first ever cover is hard. I was a nervous wasteland all week. Finally by mid-week I got moving again on my WIP and inspiration struck. I’m looking forward to spending more time with these characters.
- Workout a minimum of three times a week and round it out with plenty of water, sleep, and my calorie limit – done. I got in 5 workouts.
- Weekly Nia study (i.e. studying the song/movement structure) – kind of done. I danced one of the new routines. Gosh, it’s so good. I’m thinking about spending time studying one of these routines next. 😀 WEEK 8 PRIORITY
- Stay on top of my co-op preschool Treasurer responsibilities – done. It just took a couple of emails, a couple trips to the school and one to the bank.
- Organize something in the house each week & clean something in the house every day – done. We are hosting family and friends today to celebrate my kids’ birthdays. There was a lot of organizing going on this week.
- Spend time in the garden – done.
What you might have missed here this week:
Congrats on release week! Looking forward to seeing the cover and I wish you a ton of sales and love! Happy FIRST! Make sure you celebrate and try not to lose your mind. I always get sick to my stomach and freaked out on release day. LOL! *hugs*
Thank you, Dawn! I am losing my mind a little bit, lol. 🙂
Congrats on the release week! That’s exciting stuff!
Thanks, Alice. It is exciting. 🙂
Congrats on the upcoming release! Good job on getting all that organizing done, too. It’s amazing how much time and effort it is to throw kids’ birthday parties (even older teens)! Have a fun week, and don’t forget to stop to breathe and enjoy it!
Thank you, Jennette. Parties are such hard work, but so worth it to see my kids so happy. I’m trying to breathe and relax a little. It sure is going to be a crazy fun week.
Congratulations! I know this is the moment pre-published writers dream about, but those who have been through the whole debut say it’s exciting yet nerve-wracking too. Hang in there. Have a lovely week!
Thanks, Julie. I can already tell it’s going to fly by in some crazy fashion. I hope you have a lovely week too.
Birth Week! What a great name for the celebration of new life and release.
And thank you for the video–my son and I enjoyed watching it together. He love dancing, although it’s often shown as a “girl thing”–this, I hope, will let him feel more comfortable following his passions.
Oh, I’m so glad, Eden! SYTYCD has had some great duets with their male dancers. The need to dance is definitely not something to be ignored. I wish your son much fun and success. 🙂