Click here for my post for Ella’s Turning What? Blog Party
Life is full of contrasts, from morning to night, from birth to death. Each point on the spectrum has its beauty and each has the ability to take you completely off guard.
This week I helped my in-laws celebrate 50 years of marriage. They’re an amazing couple. So, I was not surprised at the amount of family and friends that came to celebrate. They re-danced their first dance while my husband and his brother sang and played the guitar. At that exact moment, in the background, was a video of them dancing their first dance at their wedding. It was beautiful.
Also in this same week, we’ve had health scares for an Aunt and a young cousin. A friend learned of her good friend’s cancer and another friend lost her pet.
The contrasts are brutal and each remind you how short life can be. As I move from one busy week right into another one, I will strive for balance and to see beauty even in the contrasts.
I picked Paul and Mackenzie from SYTYCD once again this week. This piece is choreographed by Mandy Moore. The contrasts of strength and breath here is quite extraordinary.
The Goals – week-6 results
- Spend at least 1-hour a day with my characters – done.
- Daily progress in writing craft, word count, editing, and/or plotting – kind of done. On Monday, I finished another round of edits on my upcoming debut and sent them back to my publisher. The rest of the week, I struggled to spend time on my WIP. Instead, I spent time reading and enjoying books.
- Workout a minimum of three times a week and round it out with plenty of water, sleep, and my calorie limit – kind of done. I got in 3 workouts, but I blew my calorie limit.
- Weekly Nia study (i.e. studying the song/movement structure) – kind of done. I danced the 3rd new routine. Wow. I picked some great routines and this one might be my favorite. 😀 WEEK 7 PRIORITY
- Stay on top of my co-op preschool Treasurer responsibilities – done. I didn’t have to do anything this week. Yeah!
- Organize something in the house each week & clean something in the house every day – not done. WEEK 7 PRIORITY
- Spend time in the garden – done, but I’m hosting a party next weekend. So, this needs to be a priority again. WEEK 7 PRIORITY
What you might have missed here this week: