I received edits from my publisher. <~~ Do you know how long I’ve been wanting to type that very sentence. 😀 ~~ This past week I’ve gone through the comments and made little tweaks here and there. I did several full read throughs which I have not done on this MS since last December. The distance really helped.
Now that the must haves are taken care of, I can’t seem to let it go and hit send…again. I could sit with it for another week. It’s my baby. I grew so much as I wrote this story. It will never be perfect. I don’t need it to be perfect. Really. Really.
Still, it takes a lot of guts to show your writing to the world and although I’ve done it before, I’ve never done it quite like this. I’m hoping sometime over the next seven days, I’ll find that blend of clean satisfaction and groovy deliciousness I crave in my work. When I find it, I will hit send, again.
I found the perfect inspiration this week from SYTYCD. Amy and Fik-Shun performed a Tyce Diorio routine. Wow. This routine has that effortless perfection that sits right in the pocket.
The Goals – week-4 results
- Spend at least 1-hour a day with my characters – done.
- Daily progress in writing craft, word count, editing, and/or plotting – done. My week was full of edits. I made progress everyday. I also added an epilogue. My first goal in this list helped it all come together. Nice.
- Workout a minimum of three times a week and round it out with plenty of water, sleep, and my calorie limit – done. I got workouts in everyday but one. I did go over my calorie limit a bit on a couple of days. I’m editing. It’s going to happen. lol.
- Weekly Nia study (i.e. studying the song/movement structure) – kind of done. My three new routines arrived this week. I’ve viewed some of each, but have not danced any of them yet. I can’t wait. They look like so much fun. I did do a practice teaching session this week. 😀 WEEK 5 PRIORITY
- Stay on top of my co-op preschool Treasurer responsibilities – done. Answered countless emails and phone calls and made several deposits.
- Organize something in the house each week & clean something in the house every day – not done. WEEK 5 PRIORITY
- Spend time in the garden – not done. WEEK 5 PRIORITY
What you might have missed here this week: