Last week I was over worked. This weeks seems to be a mixed bag of ups and downs… lots of words… too hot, too many distractions… Ugh.
By Saturday, I wanted to throw everything out the window. Okay, not everything. There’s no reason to harm the ereader. 🙂 I did need to step away from it all and I did.
I spent yesterday morning at a blueberry farm. It was beautiful and refreshing. By the time I got home, I was eager to sit down at the laptop and write.
So, I’ll take this mixed bag. It might not have been my most productive week ever, but I made time for other things and I got some good words in too.
How did your week go? Are you finding your silver lining?
The Goals – week-3 results
- Spend at least 1-hour a day with my characters – done.
- Daily progress in writing craft, word count, editing, and/or plotting – done. I made just a tiny bit of time for craft study this week and I still haven’t reviewed my notes from summer camp. Grr. I did finish a scene in my WIP by adding 2k words. There’s just the last chapter to finish and then the 1st draft will be done. So close.
- Workout a minimum of three times a week and round it out with plenty of water, sleep, and my calorie limit – done. I just did the minimum this week.
- Weekly Nia study (i.e. studying the song/movement structure) – kind of done. I did order three routines and I can not wait to dance them. 😀 WEEK 4 PRIORITY
- Stay on top of my co-op preschool Treasurer responsibilities – done. Answered countless emails, trained my new co-chair, and made several deposits.
- Organize something in the house each week & clean something in the house every day – not done. WEEK 4 PRIORITY
- Spend time in the garden – kind of done. It was too hot this week. That’s totally an excuse. It’s mid-July, of course it’s hot. I dead headed lots of plants and that’s about it. The lilies are blooming though, so pretty.
What you might have missed here this week:
Looks like you got a lot done for a “not very productive” week to me! Sometimes, we just have to let things slide, depending on what else is going on – it’s definitely been too hot here to do gardening, but supposed to be much better this week. Except it’s supposed to rain. A lot. So maybe no gardening after all.
Sometimes my expectations are just too high, but I’m working on that. Yes, it’s going to be cooler this week too. Yeah! 🙂 Hope you don’t get too much rain.
It sounds like a great week! Congratulations on recognizing that you needed to step away and giving yourself the opportunity to do so. That’s really important when we’re doing so many things. Great stuff–have a wonderful Week 4!