Be the best you can be was my goal for Round 2. I added 14k to my WIPs. Typed “The End” twice, finished many rounds of edits, and hit send twice. A couple days after the round ended, I received my first ever accept! Quite simply, this was my best round of 80 days ever. I wasn’t looking for perfection. I was looking for progress. I didn’t achieve perfection, but I certainly obtained progress. Be the best you can be is a great motto, but every motto needs balance and I’m still struggling with balance.
A Round of Words In 80 Days or ROW80 is the writing challenge that knows you have a life. Join in at any time. State your goals and check-in on Wednesdays and or Sundays.
Progress, Persistence, and Balance <~~ what I want for Round 3.
What does that really mean? What am I really looking for this round? I want to read books. I want to study my craft. I want to finish polishing my two almost ready WIPs. I want to type the end on a brand new WIP. I want to find a way to finally fit Nia studies into my week and I want to have some fun. I also don’t want my life to crumble around me as I work at getting my debut ready for its release.
My ROW80 goals are all in addition to my already full schedule of evil day job, mom, and home maker responsibilities. It’s up to me. The power is in my hands. It’s my choice to be here. It’s my choice to show up and push for my dreams.
Good habits have been my friend the last couple of rounds. Although I have no plans to try and cement my day with rules, I’m looking to build on my healthy patterns and take advantage of my day.
My goal is to be the best me I can be in my balanced life. I may not always be perfect, but I’ll keep showing up.
Do you have a strategy for the next 80-days? Kait’s post today to start the round is a great place to start.
The Goals – Round 3 2013
- Spend at least 1-hour a day with my characters
- Daily progress in writing craft, word count, editing, and/or plotting
- Complete tasks as they are sent to me by my publisher
- Workout a minimum of three times a week and round it out with plenty of water, sleep, and my calorie limit
- Weekly Nia study (i.e. studying the theory or song/movement structure)
- Stay on top of my co-op preschool Treasurer responsibilities
- Organize something in the house each week & clean something in the house every day
Here’s to a fabulous round of 80-days.