Apparently, when an introvert is not careful, the time she takes to recovery can turn into a bad case of procrastination. Oops. I’m supposed to be working at being the best I can be. My best certainly does not include procrastination.
I didn’t accomplish as much as I could have this week, but I did accomplish a good bit. Yesterday, my disappointment tried to pull out some negative thinking. I recognized that ugly thought process, because it was followed by thoughts of taking an extended break or quitting. Yesh. Really? Really! I took a step away from the computer, did a home related project, and read a good book. The break did me good and quieted my negative nelly.
Have you dealt with your own negative nelly lately? Please share your steps to ward her off, pretty please.
The Goals – week-2 results
- Spend at least 1-hour a day with my characters – done.
- Daily progress in writing craft, word count, editing, and/or plotting – done, except for Friday and almost yesterday. I started the week strong with lots of edit work and craft study. However, I did a poor job of managing my time this week and by Friday I had so much to do, outside of writing, I didn’t get to any of my goals. Boo! By Saturday, I felt tired and discouraged. I tried to work through it, as I mentioned above. Finally, I settled into my craft book for a good read.
- Workout a minimum of three times a week and round it out with plenty of water, sleep, and my calorie limit – not done. I worked out once and only kept up with my water goal. I’m sure the loss of this goal contributed to nelly showing her ugly face. WEEK 3 PRIORITY
- Weekly Nia study (i.e. studying the song/movement structure) – kind of done. Although performing the routines is a part of the study, and I did make time for Nia yesterday, I need to do more than just the movement. I need to start thinking about my Nia studies like my writing craft studies. I’ve found a way to fit in my writing craft books several times a week. I need to do the same with Nia. WEEK 3 PRIORITY
- Stay on top of my co-op preschool Treasurer responsibilities – done. I collected the LAST tuition payments for the year, completed a deposit, and attended a board meeting.
- Organize something in the house each week – I love jewelry. I always have on earrings. Always. But I often forget everything else. I have several places to store it all which is great, except when I forget it’s there or I forget to put them away. A couple weeks ago, I found this fun idea on Pinterest and I already had the frames. So, what do you think? Is it cute? Now my jewelry is sorted into four places, but I’m hoping this easy to grab from display will help me to remember to wear them.
What you might have missed here this week: