I was knocked down by illness this week. My oldest got it first and the next day it took over my body. I spent all of Tuesday in bed. I can’t remember the last time I slept that much. I dragged myself out of bed on Wednesday, my muscles protested but I forced their hand. Turns out, I should have listen to them, it wasn’t long before I was back in bed. I’m still working on building up my energy. I swear my youngest has gained ten-pounds this week, but the hubs is telling me no. I’m still pretty weak and I have no appetite, but I need to eat to build my strength. It’s an uncomfortable circle right now. It’s also been a monster of a week. Now my youngest has a fever. Seriously. Spring, where are you.
The week wasn’t a total fail, nope. Wednesday, when I dragged myself out of bed, I found a full request in my inbox. That’s right, A FULL REQUEST!! 😀
It seems the world went right on spinning while I was in bed. Veronica Mars is going to be a movie, totally awesome. We have a new pope too, rad.
My effort this week on goals is pretty much nonexistent. It stressed me out at first and then I stopped feeling guilty about it. My system was refusing to negotiate anyway. The only thing I can do is listen to me, get better, and start fresh this week. Have you had a forced vacation recently?
The Goals – week-10 results
- Spend at least 1-hour a day with my characters- done.
- Daily progress in writing craft, word count, editing, and/or plotting- not done. The only progress I made here was some reading on my CPs latest WIP on Saturday. WEEK 11 PRIORITY.
- Workout a minimum of three times a week and round it out with plenty of water, sleep and my calorie limit- not done WEEK 11 PRIORITY.
- Daily Nia study (i.e. studying the song/movement structure)- not done WEEK 11 PRIORITY
- Stay on top of my co-op preschool Treasurer responsibilities- done. I finished an important letter and made several deposits.
- Organize something in the house each week- done. I’ve talked about making improvements to my work-space and last week I had another idea. Friday I did force myself out of the house for some fresh air and I picked up a few supplies. My husband has a Container Store run to make for me and then I should be good to give this idea a try.
What you might have missed here this week:
Sorry your week threw you off. I know by the end of mine, my writing groove was completely lost. I took a bad emotional turn on Thursday and just didn’t pick up again. 😦 Doing a little better now, spent some more time with my fairies. I swear, they can brighten any day. 😀
Oh, Angelica, that’s when you get in touch with me. What are friends for. I’m glad you turned to your fairies, smart move. Here’s hoping we both have a much better week.
I have been fighting a cold all week. It’s certainly slowed me down, although nothing like you’ve described. You’ve managed to get a lot accomplished despite that! Hope you’re feeling better, and that this week’s a lot better!
Thanks, Jennette. I’m still slow moving, but I need to push on through and end this round with progress.
Oh no! I’m so sorry that you felt bad this week. What a mess! (It’s especially hard when Mom is sick.)
Hope you feel much better soon and can tackle your goals. In the meantime, listen to this mom and take it easy!
No kidding, this cold was not going to take “not now” for an answer. That would be cool though. Mother Nature should have given moms that power. I have to say that full request was certainly timed well, it’s still making me smile. 🙂
Sorry to hear you’ve been ill 😦 Hope you and your family are better very soon! And congrats on the full request, that’s amazing!!! Very excited for you 🙂