I could call this week slow and steady, or simply consistent. It seems if I start the day with craft study, and then get into writing, the rest of the day falls into place. All that is wonderful, but I’ve been sacrificing my morning workouts to make everything work. Not good. But isn’t that the way. Once you figure one thing out then there is something new to work on. Life certainly isn’t boring that way.
A year and a half ago, when I stared my healthy journey, I got up consistently at the same time everyday and worked out. My body hummed with joy then, but now I’m running on empty. The thing is, life is different now, I have a very active three-year-old to wrangle and get to school twice a week and with an already impossible schedule, that change has flipped my morning routine into quandary.
No more excuses. I know what it takes and it’s time to recommit and just do it. I’ve corralled my mid morning routine and now I must conquer the early morning hour and get up after only hitting snooze once. Oy! 😀
The Goals – week-4 results
- Spend at least 1-hour a day with my characters- done.
- Daily progress in writing craft, word count, editing, and/or plotting- done. Finished the second Lecture in my Margie Packet and got about half why through the third. <–This makes me so happy. I wrote everyday but Monday this week and added 3344 words to the WIP. I spent my time well on the first goal this week and that contributed to filling in all my plot holes and the writing started to come together. I think I might actually finish the first draft of my WIP next week. Wahoo!! Permission to do a little everyday made this week work.
- Workout a minimum of three times a week and round it out with plenty of water, sleep and my calorie limit- NOT DONE. We’ve already talked about that. WEEK 5 PRIORITY
- Daily Nia study (i.e. studying the song/movement structure)- The daily thing did not happen, but the tip I got last week totally works. I waited until yesterday to try it out, but it works. Sometimes you really do just need to come at a task from a different angle. WEEK 5 PRIORITY
- Stay on top of my co-op preschool Treasurer responsibilities- done. Horrible busy week with bills, invoices, reporting and deposits.
- Organize something in the house each week- done. Our house will be full of friends today. It’s our year to host the annual Super Bowl party. Organization this week wasn’t a little project, but giving the house the company shine. Glad that’s all done, so now I can enjoy.
What you might have missed here this week: