Three weeks into this round and I think I’ve already gone through a rainbow of emotions. Week-one I took it all on and accomplished so much and I expected a repeat in week-two. When week-two fell apart, as the evil day job demanded more of my time, I did as well. I accomplished a good bit last week and didn’t give myself credit for any of it, because I could only see what I didn’t get done. I totally forgot this journey is a marathon and not a sprint. I can not judge my effort or results based on any one day or any one hour.
This week I took a step back, a break really, and regrouped. If I’m going to survive on this road I need to be my own best friend. I got back to basics, the meat and bones of it all, and attempted to leave the gristle alone. It’s about time I celebrate what I am able to get done. Positive thoughts will encourage me and push me further than all the negative baloney. As a bonus, my in-laws came to town for three-days and yesterday my brother and oldest niece came to stay for the night. It’s a fabulous thing to have your family surround you when you’re trying to start fresh. I felt the love.
The Goals – week-3 results
- Spend at least 1-hour a day with my characters- done.
- Daily progress in writing craft, word count, editing, and/or plotting- done. I finished my current craft book and my CPs WIP. Love the active exchanges post critique, it makes me feel so helpful. Plus, I got back into my Margie packet and finished the first lecture. I restarted reading the packet since it had been so long since I’d read any of it. I only did a little bit of editing on the WIP this week and added 389-words. I haven’t figured out how I want the darkest point to unfold. I think I know how I want to wrap things up, so I’m going to fast draft that out. I’ll go back and fill in the hole, maybe with the end drafted, I’ll be able to see how it all comes together. We’ll see.
- Workout a minimum of three times a week and round it out with plenty of water, sleep and my calorie limit- NOT DONE. This was a flustered week as I tried to pull myself back together and the workouts didn’t happened. It’s too bad too, because they sure would have helped. I’ll try again this week to just do it. WEEK 4 PRIORITY
- Daily Nia study (i.e. studying the song/movement structure)- I did nothing here this week, however I got a tip from a Nia mentor and I’m going to try it out this week WEEK 4 PRIORITY
- Stay on top of my co-op preschool Treasurer responsibilities- done. I created/sent several invoices.
- Organize something in the house each week- done. We donate a lot of stuff and this week we got rid of a bunch of things around the house, including a box with stuff from my pre-wedding days. It was marked garage sale, not sure if it ever got in one. Also, I was married almost 13-years ago. Yeah, it was time for the box to go. Feels good to free our home and hopefully help someone else.
What you might have missed here this week: