Each round I take what works and leave the rest behind. Through the four rounds last year I discovered, although I can write in the afternoon, I make the most progress in the morning, before I dive into evil day job monotony. I’m thankful I have a job and family that allow me this kind of flexibility. Over each round of 80-days I’ve tweaked my morning routine and this round is no different.
I’ve shifted my schedule once again and made time for reading my writing craft book before I dive into writing for the day. Read on to see how it worked out.
The Goals – week-1 results
- Spend at least 1-hour a day with my characters- done
- Daily progress in writing craft, word count, editing, and/or plotting- I wrote everyday this week and added 3,255 words. A little everyday, not bad for my first week back at it. The real win here is that I read from my current craft book a little bit everyday. Woot! I didn’t spend a lot of time each day, but I did make steady progress. I hope to finish this book next week, now that I’m almost half way through it, and get back to my Margie packet.
- Workout a minimum of three times a week and round it out with plenty of water, sleep and my calorie limit- done, huge improvement over the last two weeks
- Daily Nia study (i.e. studying the song/movement structure)- I didn’t hit this everyday, but I did get two-days in. I need to fine tune my schedule to give this goal a fighting chance.
- Stay on top of my co-op preschool Treasurer responsibilities- crazy busy week for this goal, but I finished all my reports and provided the numbers our parent population needed to approve a new class for this coming fall. Yeah! I wish I could say next week will be better, but nope, the next several weeks will be ugly. I’ll need to keep this in mind as I plan out my days.
- Organize something in the house each week- I made significant progress this week. I organized the front closet and one junk drawer in the kitchen, that leaves one more junk drawer to go…in the kitchen 😉
I feel like I made significant forward movement this week and that makes me very happy. I’m ready to take on week 2, where once again, I’ll keep what works and leave the rest behind. Here we go.
But, before you go, check out what you might have missed here this week: