Over the last couple of days I keep finding myself stopping mid-thought or mid-action with my emotions filling me and stopping me cold. In that moment, I feel powerless except in my ability to send support and strength through thought and prayer. There are other things we can do. I for one will be looking for other ways to support the families of Newtown and until then, I will hug my own family and make sure they know I love them.
That conversation puts my goal list in perspective, but I still want to see them done and I’m not giving up. I’ll be back for another round of 80-days in January, there is still much to do. Now, let’s see how I’ve finished this forth round of the year.
The Goals – week-11 results
- Spend at least 1-hour a day with my characters- done. I love this goal, so glad I made it a habit this year. It keeps my characters close and my creative energy flowing.
- Weekly progress in word count, editing, and/or plotting- done. It may surprise you that I didn’t edit this week. Nope, not me, I wrote. I started something new and got just over the 2k mark, not much but it’s a start, and I’m looking forward to writing more this week.
- Finish reading current craft book- This goal was sadly ignored this round. I need to find a way to make this a priority in my WEEKLY schedule.
- Workout a minimum of three times a week and round it out with plenty of water, sleep and my calorie limit- done.
- Study one of the Nia 52-moves each week- Balance Finger. Standing on one leg, challenge your balance and use your hands in space for support. With your palms facing down, press your middle finger – the power finger – down towards the earth, keeping your other fingers extended straight out. Benefits: practicing the Balance Finger integrates the upper body with the lower body and directs energy through the center of your palm to the center of the body.
- Finish the Nia Sanjana-routine bars and start the Nia Opal-routine bars (i.e. studying the song/movement structure)- are you ready for a surprise? I finished this goal. Not only did I finish the Sanjana bars, but I started the Opal bars. Wahoo!!
- Stay on top of my co-op preschool Treasurer responsibilities- done. No meetings, just a couple of bills. But I get to handle tuition payments this coming week. Joy. Always love trying to fit one more big thing into a busy week.
- Organize something in the house each week- last week I talked about the sad state of my writing space, my dinning room table. Last Sunday, I looked around and spotted an over stuffed bookcase in my front room, the adjoining room. You have one of these bookcases, right? The ones where each row is double or triple stacked with books. I went through the case and found books to donate and all the unread books which I’ve moved to a different spot. I cleared a whole shelf and now I have all the kids crayons, books etc on that shelf. Love the simple and free solutions, but I’m not done yet. My writing space needs more help, but this is a great start.
Hope you all have a fabulous week and get to hug the ones you love. Happy Holidays and Happy New Year too. Before you go, be sure to check out my posts from this past week, some long waited for books and a review. It was a great week here at casa Maylee.
What you might have missed here this week: