My emotions felt like a game of ping-pong this week. Back and forth, up and down. You’d think I was getting ready to hit send or something. 😉 I’ve been here before. My experience with the emotions didn’t make them an easier, but I knew not to pay them much attention and to keep pushing forward. Read on to find out if I succumbed to the madness or got it done and hit…
The Goals – week-10 results
- Spend at least 1-hour a day with my characters- done.
- Weekly progress in word count, editing, and/or plotting- done. I was a good CP this week. I read through her latest MS and sent it back before I started on the new set of edits from her. The big news is that I did finish the edits, a read through, AND I sent the MS to the interested editor. I’m really proud of the current state of the MS and I hope she sees it too.
- Finish reading current craft book- last week I said: Once I hit send, I really will not have an excuse anymore. So, this week I
wantNEED to see progress here. WEEK 11 PRIORITY.
- Workout a minimum of three times a week and round it out with plenty of water, sleep and my calorie limit- done. Except I had to give myself a pass on Tuesday night at the annual evil day job holiday party. A 5-star chef give us a cooking lesson. Oh yeah. I had fabulous soup, I had tiny parmesan cheese toasts, I had a tiny puffy pastry pouch with brie and jelly, I had melt in your mouth beef tenderloin, garlic mash potatoes, a fried leek, salad with raspberry vinaigrette and dried cherries, and finally creme brulee with crushed candy canes. I blew my calorie limit out of the water, but it was so worth it.
- Study one of the Nia 52-moves each week- Touching. Use your hands simply to touch the things that are around you. Touch your own skin and the space around you. Benefits: excellent training for increasing your sensory IQ and for improving body awareness. It can also help self-heal physical trauma and naturally guide the body into relaxation.
- Finish the Nia Sanjana-routine bars and start the Nia Opal-routine bars (i.e. studying the song/movement structure)- OMG I am so close on this one. I almost have the last set of bars all drawn out, but I just didn’t finish it all yesterday. WEEK 11 PRIORITY.
- Stay on top of my co-op preschool Treasurer responsibilities- done. I had an easier week with this goal. One parent meeting and a couple of bills.
- Organize something in the house each week- I didn’t actually do anything on this goal this week, but I know what needs to happen. I’m a work from home/stay at home mom which means a large portion of my day is spent in the dining room. We have a large table in here, but half of it is covered in papers, books, coloring books, flash cards, crayons… The mess stresses me out<–not something you want in a workspace. This space needs a face lift. It needs storage. It needs a new color, something that will inspire. I know what it needs, now I just need to figure out how to make it all happen.
Hope you all have a fabulous week.
What you might have missed here this week: