Persistence can pay off, thankfully. I kept trying to get back on track and this week I finally felt back in it. The key to my recovery was remembering my passion. Before I continue that thought…
Happy Thanksgiving, everyone. I hope you all have safe travels and yummy eats where ever you celebrate this week.
…I have a passion for telling stories. Life just doesn’t fit right when I’m not paying attention to my stories. It has been a struggle to shape my new normal, but once I let myself remember why I do it, I fell right back into line. I took back control with persistence, I kept trying and I kept working at it.
It wasn’t a perfect week, but I feel great about it
The Goals – week-7 results
- Spend at least 1-hour a day with my characters- done.
- Weekly progress in word count, editing, and/or plotting- done. I got a ton of editing done this week and by the end of Thanksgiving week I hope to be ready, again, for beta readers. WAHOO! 😀
- Finish reading current craft book- I spent some time with Margie this week. I’m working through her Empowering Characters Emotions packet. I would like to see more weekly movement. WEEK 8 PRIORITY.
- Workout a minimum of three times a week and round it out with plenty of water, sleep and my calorie limit- done.
- Study one of the Nia 52-moves each week- Strikes. Strike out with the heel of your hand, as if forcefully pushing someone out of the way. Stop suddenly before your arm is fully extended and sense the positive tension in your arms and hands that protects your elbow joint. Benefits: helps you to learn to move with precision and for developing quick reactions.
- Finish the Nia Sanjana-routine bars and start the Nia Opal-routine bars (i.e. studying the song/movement structure)- I started mapping out the last song in the routine, but it’s not yet done.
- Stay on top of my co-op preschool Treasurer responsibilities- done. Just a couple of emails this week. Lovely.
- Organize something in the house each week- I completely forgot about this goal. WEEK 8 PRIORITY
Hope you all have a fabulous week and Happy Thanksgiving!
What you might have missed here this week:
Tantalizing Tuesday #3 – Time to Dance
Delilah’s Passion by Sarah Bella & Writer Advice
Review: Hear Me by Skye Warren
I get grumpy when I’m kept away from my writing for more than a few days. Congrats on getting back into the groove, and have a great week!
You’ve done really well this week, that’s awesome! Keep it up and happy Thanksgiving 🙂
Awesome! Good luck with the priorities this week, and have a great Thanksgiving!
Happy Thanksgiving from the UK.
Well done on the goals this week. xx
A day without writing is like a day without coffee – not a “joyful experience.” It is not easy to work out a system that flexes with our lives, but it is well worth the effort to find. Great job on your goals – Have a super fantastic week and Thanksgiving 🙂
good week there – only one missed and as far as I am concerned – not a prob. hate the house stuff:) I pine after a few days away from writing – all the best for this week:)
I’ve been so grumpy these past few days! No time to write or edit, and almost no internet connection where my family spent Thanksgiving. I’m eager to get back to my book. Looks like you’re doing great. Best wishes for another fabulous week!