Each step in the writer’s journey is another test of our endurance. It can be an opportunity for failure, sure. But, it can more importantly be an opportunity to chose our passion and prove to ourselves we are in this for the long haul. Any time our daily schedule changes, whether it’s your number of tasks from week to week, summer to school year, new job, change in work schedule, we choose to keep moving forward. I don’t think it occurred to me, until this week, how much my schedule is about to change. It’s time to put a polish on my commitment to this journey. First I need to remember, I can’t do it all. Somethings need to be given up, priorities need to redefined. It’s time for creative re-scheduling. I’m tempted to get stressed out by the whole mess, but instead I’m looking at this as an opportunity to fine tune my day and move forward in a whole new way. It’s time to re-commit and empower ourselves to go after what we want.
This week I let go of something for the time being, my Saturday posts, Links of the weeks. I love finding fabulous blog posts, I learn so much from bloggers every week. I hope to find my way back to these posts sometime soon. One thing I always did in those posts was add a video at the bottom. Normally it’s suggested music from my hubs, but this summer and for the next couple of weeks I wanted to share my fav routine from SYTYCD. For now, I’m going to include these videos at the bottom of my Sunday check-in, so don’t miss that below, this week’s is incredible.
Motivation Jars (14-goals in all & $7.50 is up for grabs each week): 11-goals had real good progress or they’re in line for progress. Wardrobe Jar gets $5.89 (total so far: $58.92) and NOT my political party of choice jar gets $1.61 (total so far: $8.58)
The Goals – week-9 results
- Spend at least 1-hour a day with my characters– done
- Pick a title for Voyage Novu #1 & #2- I did it, well, for #1 anyway. I’m 1/2 way, not bad.
- Write 3,000 words each week or 33,000 for the round- none again, boo. WEEK 10 PRIORITY
- Spend time editing at least 3 times each week- done. I spent 3-days editing this week.
- Send Voyage Novu #1 to 2nd beta- Goal complete.
- Finish Editing Voyage Novu #1- I finished another read through, Wahoo!! Now I need to check in with beta readers and see if they can take a peak.
- Voyage Novu#1 Query/Synopsis: finish, polish, get 2nd opinions, finalize AND send out 1st round- I continued my participation in pitch camp this week and I have developed answers to some typical publisher questions.
- Finish first draft of Voyage Novu#2 and begin to edit- Since I only read through VN#1 this week I still have not made any progress here, but that should change this week. WEEK 10 PRIORITY
- Finish reading current craft book and start another- I did it, I finished Plot & Structure.
- Workout a minimum of 200-minutes a week and round it out with plenty of water, sleep and my calorie limit- done with calorie explosion on day of birthday party 🙂
- Study one of the Nia 52-moves each week- Across Punch: start in the ready position, and simultaneously bring one fist and forearm across the body, palm down, while the other elbow and forearm draws back to maintain vertical alignment. Look where you punch and exhale while you punch. Engage the whole body by pushing down with your feet.
- Finish the Sanjana bars and start the Opal bars (i.e. studying the song/movement structure)- I’m still no finished the movement notes, but I made significant progress this week
- Finish needed continuing education, enter all credits on PMI site and save my PMP certification for another 3-years- WEEK 10 PRIORITY
- Stay on top of my co-op preschool Treasurer responsibilities- I finished the next round of invoices, made a short speech at the school wide parent meeting and a slew of other things. Full week, but I got it done.
SYTYCD – season 9, top 8
Cole & Allison were superb this week. The contrasts from soft to hard are magnificent. If we lose Cole next week I’m going to be very sad.
What you might have missed here this week: