My first normally scheduled week in weeks. What a relief. The first real test of my new plan, hard stuff first. I started the week diving into edits and the notes from my lovely beta reader and I sprinkled in several things that I usually push till the end of the week. Did I feel more on top of my list? Did I feel less stress?
Typical things happened this week. I started out strong, the week got away from me at the 3/4 point, and I struggled in the end. Apparently, pacing is not just for your prose. For week 7, I’m going to work on hard stuff first and forward movement all week long.
Motivation Jars (14-goals in all & $7.50 is up for grabs each week): 13-goals had real good progress or they’re in line for progress. Wardrobe Jar gets $6.96 (total so far: $40.71) and NOT my political party of choice jar gets $0.54 (total so far: $4.29)
The Goals – week-6 results
- Spend at least 1-hour a day with my characters– done
- Pick a title for Voyage Novu #1 & #2- a couple ideas are brewing, but I’m not going to rush it.
- Write 3,000 words each week or 33,000 for the round- last week I was short by 1,295 words and this week I was short by 843 words. Better, but still a miss.
- Spend time editing at least 3 times each week- I spent 6-days editing this week.
- Send Voyage Novu #1 to 2nd beta- Goal complete.
- Finish Editing Voyage Novu #1- I got through a giant chunk of my beta’s notes this week. Next week I hope to finish those notes and start another read through.
- Voyage Novu#1 Query/Synopsis: finish, polish, get 2nd opinions, finalize AND send out 1st round- got some new inspiration this week and made more progress on the query.
- Finish first draft of Voyage Novu#2 and begin to edit- I’ve been saying all along: at 3k per week this goal should beginning in Mid-August. Mid-August is almost here. Shazbot! I still have about 6800 words to go.
- Finish reading current craft book and start another- a whole chapter and then some, I’m so close to done I can feel it.
- Workout a minimum of 200-minutes a week and round it out with plenty of water, sleep and my calorie limit- done. 🙂
- Study one of the Nia 52-moves each week- Downward Block: start in the ready position. Bring one fist and forearm across, down, and out, blocking the area in front of your groin. Return to read position and repeat. The non-blocking arm remains in the ready position to maintain vertical alignment.
- Finish the Sanjana bars and start the Opal bars (i.e. studying the song/movement structure)- I added the movement notations to the bars I documented last week and made my mirror notes. One more song and I’ll be in the cool down cycle!! I also did a couple of practice teaches on the first 6-songs this week. Each week I’m getting more comfortable.
- Finish needed continuing education, enter all credits on PMI site and save my PMP certification for another 3-years- I have two books to read under the self-directed learning category to finish my PDUs and I’m almost done with the the first.
- Stay on top of my co-op preschool Treasurer responsibilities- one parent meeting, a small deposit, wrote a couple of checks and created/sent one invoice. Easy peasy, done.
I’m hoping we all have a nice smooth week, daily progress full of writing and loads of fun.