Last week I declared frustration is not welcome here. I was, well, angry that a couple of my goals were not getting done week after week. My priorities for the past many weeks have been: write first. I was not always prepared to write when I got the time, which dragged out my time needed to get to my word goal. By the time I got most of my goals done I was running out of time for the last two. So I tried something new, one I’m sure you’ve heard before. Hard stuff first. It felt strange, but it worked real well. So, did I write this week?
Motivation Jars (14-goals in all & $7.50 is up for grabs each week): 14-goals had real good progress or they’re in line for progress. Wardrobe Jar gets $7.50 (total so far: $26.79) and NOT my political party of choice jar gets $0.00 🙂 (total so far: $3.21)
The Goals – week-4 results
- Spend at least 1-hour a day with my characters– done
- Pick a title for Voyage Novu #1 & #2- I decided to change and to keep my current titles a dozen times this week. More fermentation needed.
- Write 3,000 words each week or 33,000 for the round- done, I added 3,025 this week
- Spend time editing at least 3 times each week- I finished my latest round of edits on Voyage Novu #1. Wahoo!!
- Send Voyage Novu #1 to 2nd beta- I sent my beta the file on Tuesday and in time for her plane ride 🙂
- Finish Editing Voyage Novu #1- to be done after feedback is received from 2nd beta
- Voyage Novu#1 Query/Synopsis: finish, polish, get 2nd opinions, finalize AND send out 1st round- progress slow and steady again this week.
- Finish first draft of Voyage Novu#2 and begin to edit- at 3k per week this goal should beginning in Mid-August
- Finish reading current craft book and start another- not a whole chapter, but I did get a good chunk read
- Workout a minimum of 200-minutes a week and round it out with plenty of water, sleep and my calorie limit- done. 🙂
- Study one of the Nia 52-moves each week- Outward Block: start in the ready position. Bring one fist and forearm across, up, and out, blocking the side of your face. Return to read position and repeat. The non-blocking arm remains in the ready position to maintain vertical alignment.
- Finish the Sanjana bars and start the Opal bars (i.e. studying the song/movement structure)- you may need to sit down because I made progress on this goal this week!! 😀 I updated my mirror notes (notes I hang on the mirror to help me practice teaching a class) and charted a whole new song in the routine!! Six done and 4 to go. The last two will be easier as they are in the cool down cycle.
- Finish needed continuing education, enter all credits on PMI site and save my PMP certification for another 3-years- keep sitting, because this puppy is making progress too. Not only have I finished the latest e-class, but I’ve discovered a less strenuous way to finish the credits I still need. Oh, the relief feels good.
- Stay on top of my co-op preschool Treasurer responsibilities- This week was finally an easier week and I kept up with it too. Yeah.
Back to work for me. Hard stuff first will be the rule again this week. I hope I get to write this week too, hope you do as well. Have a fabulous week.
That’s one hell of a list! And I love the motivation jars. I have a friend who’s struggling with the motivation to work out, and I’ll be tossing that idea his way this week.
Wow, great work with many of your significant goals–such as new words and exercising! YAY!!!
You’re doing well, congrats! I hope you have a great week, happy writing!
Yay! 14 out of 14! It’s amazing … super long list and you actually got it all! Well done!
Keep that up!
Holy wow look at those goals; and your progress ROCKS! Great work and good luck this week! *throws loads of confetti in celebration of your success!!*
Sweet! What a wonderful week for you. So glad to see your happy face up there. I’m sending up fireworks for you. Keep up the great ROW80!