Hi Six Sunday Friends. Thanks for checking on me, but I really didn’t join in the fun this week. I’m actually out of town. I’ll be checking on your posts tomorrow though and I’ll hop back in the fun next Sunday.
On to my check-in for ROW80. What’s Row80? A round of words in 80 days is the writing challenge that knows you have a life.
Second week into the new round and goal list could have very easily been a disaster. I’ve been out of town since early Friday afternoon. So disaster could have been an understatement, because inevitably in shortened weeks a slew of tiny things pop up. So how did I do? See the list below or I’m putting my motivation jar tallies right up top from now on.
Motivation Jars (14-goals in all & $7.50 is up for grabs each week): 12-goals had real good progress or they’re in line for progress, but in 2 (Sanjana bars and PMP continuing education) I just didn’t get it done. Wardrobe Jar gets $6.43 (total so far: $12.86) and NOT my political party of choice jar gets $1.07 (total so far: $2.14<–I really don’t like this)
The Goals – week-2 results
- Spend at least 1-hour a day with my characters– done
- Pick a title for Voyage Novu #1 & #2- I’m still liking the series name (The Love Projects) but I want to come at the titles from a new angle, i.e. looking at the series as a whole. I’m going to put my driving time to good use this weekend and pick this one apart.
- Write 3,000 words each week or 33,000 for the round- done, I added 3,062 this week!!
- Spend time editing at least 3 times each week- 3-days and another 24-pages done. Wahoo!!
- Send Voyage Novu #1 to 2nd beta- If that editing goals stays on track this will happen, eek 🙂
- Finish Editing Voyage Novu #1- to be done after feedback is received from 2nd beta
- Voyage Novu#1 Query/Synopsis: finish, polish, get 2nd opinions, finalize AND send out 1st round- My pattern of tweaking at the end of my edit sessions is still working well here, yeah
- Finish first draft of Voyage Novu#2 and begin to edit- at 3k per week this goal should beginning in Mid-August
- Finish reading current craft book and start another- another chapter in 🙂
- Workout a minimum of 200-minutes a week and round it out with plenty of water, sleep and my calorie limit- I’m getting back on track here, yahoo. Just 0.2 pounds more and I can start working on losing my final 5-pounds.
- Study one of the Nia 52-moves each week- Hip Bumps: practice rocking your hips while keeping your upper body agile and connected to your lower body. Benefits: toning your core, defining your waist and increase mobility along your spine.
- Finish the Sanjana bars and start the Opal bars (i.e. studying the song/movement structure)- the first victim, no one should be surprised here. I’m having a hard time getting to this task when I have a full week. WEEK 3 PRIORITY
- Finish needed continuing education, enter all credits on PMI site and save my PMP certification for another 3-years- victim number two, I need to pull out a big win her next week or I’ll get way off track. WEEK 3 PRIORITY
- Stay on top of my co-op preschool Treasurer responsibilities- I’m on top of this one, I was well prepared for the board and parent meetings this week, but I’ve got a big week coming up with the first tuition payments coming in. Joy.
Back to work for me, well as soon as I get home. Hope you have a fabulous week.
Great job on your goals! A few misses, but still tons of progress!
I”m sure you’ll make up for Sanjana bars and PMP continuing education next week 😉
Have a great day!
not so bad:) all the best for coming week:)
You are wayyyy too organized! LOL. Awesome goal-setting. I really need to implement a strategy like yours.
Good job this past week! You did this well even going out of town. 🙂 Good luck for the rest of this week.
I miss your six! 🙂
Driving is a great time for plot planning and brain dumping. I hope your ride was fruitful and you nailed down your title.
Fabulous job! I remember years ago hearing a radio psychologist telling callers that if they REALLY wanted to halt a bad habit, they needed to pay $20 every time they fell off the wagon. Her point was that it had to HURT to not meet your goals. It sounds like you have that set-up here with the Motivation Jars. Best wishes! I think you’re doing quite well.