Our last full week in round 2 is done. Almost half the year has gone. Do I have much to show for it? Yes and no. More about that later.
Happy Father’s Day!
My hubs is working in Chicago today and I wont be seeing my father either. Total bummer town. Both men know I love and appreciate them and I’ll have plenty of time to hug them in the days ahead. Still it is a bummer not to see them today. Are you going to get to see a father type person in your life today?
My next ROW-80 post will be my round 3 goals. Will they be different from round 2? Yes. I’m going to take my time thinking about what I want out of round 3. Hacking away at a to-do list is great, but in round 3 I want to keep an eye on my end game. More on that in a couple of weeks.
The Goals – week-11 results
- Spend at least 1-hour a day with my characters- done
- Write 2,000 words each week– Done! Feels good too. This week I got 2,116 words in my brand new WIP.
- Spend time editing at least 2-times each week– done. I got a couple chapters back from my CP and started editing again.
- Finish reading current craft book and start another– 1/2 done. I spent more time on the current craft book and I hope to finish it long before round 3 begins, but I also have two new craft books already purchases and ready to go. Well, one is actually a lecture packet, I’ll tell you more about that in my round-3 goals. I’ll simply say Margie Lawson rocks.
- Participate in Before You Hit Send Self-Editing Workshop in April– the workshop is over and I’ve incorporated what I’ve learned.
- Turn 2nd-draft chapters to my writer friend for her critique– DONE!! ~~~happy dance~~~
- Workout a minimum of 200-minutes a week and round it out with plenty of water, sleep and my calorie limit– Not done. I have a very good excuse. A big ugly sinus cold hung out with me all week and most of the time I felt like doggy poppy. I’m surprised I got anything done this week. I did keep to my calorie limit, water, and sleep goals, but only got 80 minutes of exercise. I am, as of this week, 0.3 pounds away from my weight goal though, so that’s pretty cool.
- Study one of the Nia 52-moves each week (the 52-moves is like the ballet bar for Nia lovers): Side Kick. Lift your thigh, tucking your heel in toward your buttocks into Ready Position. Look in the direction you intend to kick. With your hands at heart level and your palms flexed, kick your foot out and to the side, with the side of your thigh facing toward the ceiling. IMPORTANT TIP: Push down into the earth with the supporting foot, and use your hands and arms to maintain vertical alignment and balance. Keep your supporting leg unlocked and spring loaded. Benefits: builds balance, coordination, confidence, and strength.
- Finish the. Sanjana bars and start the Opal bars (i.e. studying the song/movement structure)– This item was my one total fail this round. Although I’ve found a way that works better for me to practice delivering the class, I’m still not any closer to knowing this routine inside and out. End goal for round 3 will be important here. I need to keep my eye on the big picture. Getting this routine inside me leads to applying for jobs, which leads to more income. I want to publish a book, but it is not my only goal in life.
- Listen to the Nia sound track for the Sanjana routine each week and add Opal when I get to their bars– done
- Plan out and start participating in the last of my needed continuing education credits for PMP certification– Done! I paid for and started my first course. I have 5 short courses to take this summer, or a total of 40-hours. Oh, yeah, I’m so excited about spending time getting continuing education credits for a career I hope to never have to work in again. The future is full of unknowns however. I did work my tookus off getting this certification, so I’m not about to let it go.
One novella WIP in edits, a second novella WIP is started (actually two WIPs are started, more about that in the next round), craft education continues and PMP continuing education in progress. Happy dance, lots done. BUT, Nia Sanjana still needs work and I’m not in query mode yet…I’m not published yet
Plenty of more work to be done. See you in round 3.
I see a lot of DONE there, which is awesome!
Yay for sending things to CPs! Isn’t is a rush? lol
We’re gonna kick Round 3 butt!
Have a great week 😉
you seemed to have a great deal this round so well done on that – look foward to seeing new goals in couple of weeks – enjoy the hols and keep smiling:)
Lots of “done” on that list! Congrats. I hope your cold has abated. Have a marvelous week, and I’ll see you in Round 3! (Where my goals will also be very focused.)
Thanks! I am finally starting to feel better. The cold is trying to hold on, doing it’s best to drag me down, but I’m fighting it. I’m trying not to forget about my word count goals even though I’m off ROW80 posts for a bit, we’ll see