Some days I wish there were two of me, but I think I’ll faint if I try to do anything more. There are only 24-hours in a day and this week I’m happy for that, lol.
By midweek I was feeling pretty frustrated. My to-do list was growing and writing wasn’t going well. Since writing is my priority, it’s easy for me to push other tasks aside while I spend more time on writing. But if writing is going no where fast, maybe I’m doing it wrong.
By getting up and out of the chair to knock off other things on the list and then coming back refreshed will help me to accomplish more in the end. Staring at the screen gets me no where and makes me want to pull my hair out. As long as I come back and try again, I will make progress. Deep breath, I will finish this WIP.
Once again I’ve found inspiration from SYTYCD. This week I’ve selected the piece performed by Malece and Marko and choreographed by Sonya Tayeh. They remind me of all the beauty to be found in the simplest of things like breathing. It’s breathtaking. The dancing begins about 40-seconds in. Enjoy.
The Goals – week-2 results
- Spend at least 1-hour a day with my characters – done.
- Daily progress in writing craft, word count, editing, and/or plotting – done. I worked on my WIP from last summer again this week. I read through several chapters and then began writing one of the last two scenes needed. Writing was hard and frustrating this week. I have a strong sense of how I want this book to feel. It’s been with me for over a year. I’m struggling, but I’ll push through. I read more of Writing Love this week and I’m attending the MFRW Summer Camp this weekend. I’ll share some highlights from camp next week.
- Workout a minimum of three times a week and round it out with plenty of water, sleep, and my calorie limit – done! Six workouts and all the other goals too. Nice!
- Weekly Nia study (i.e. studying the song/movement structure) – not done. Although I did Nia twice this week, I didn’t make any progress on the teaching side. Through my teaching license for this year, I can order three more routines. I’m going to go ahead and order them. Maybe the new routines will lift my spirits and get me motivated to find the time for this goal. WEEK 3 PRIORITY
- Stay on top of my co-op preschool Treasurer responsibilities – done. I only had to pick up the mail, answer a couple of emails, and return one phone call. Score!
- Organize something in the house each week & clean something in the house every day – not done. WEEK 2 PRIORITY
- Spend time in the garden – done. I cut back more rose bushes and the front bushes. I did a bunch of weeding and snacked on more raspberries. Yum. I’ve included a picture of my favorite Lavender rose, it blooms just outside my dinning room where I write, and two of my balloon flowers. It’s pretty obvious how they got their common name, lol.
What you might have missed here this week:
Your flowers are gorgeous! And great work on your goals. Some weeks the writing’s easier than others – here’s hoping this one’s easier than last. Keep up the good work!
I’ll watch that dance video as a NaNo break tomorrow. =)
I usually work in spurts, getting up to do other things in between. It helps my wide-angle mind to shift between physical and mental pursuits.
I’m glad you’re finding ways that help you through the hard times, because staring at a blank screen is anything but inspirational when you don’t quite know how to fill it.
May your words and dancing flow soon!
Pingback: Reach Exceeds Grasp: ROW80 Update, July 21, 2013 | shanjeniah