From plot bunny to first, second, third… draft we toil over our manuscripts. It takes a whole heap of courage to come back day after day and write your heart out and a ton of commitment to edit it.
Then, there comes a time when you’re no longer helping your MS. Don’t stop. Bring in the big guns. Sure, sending your baby to be critiqued is nerve-racking, but the end result will be a cleaner manuscript. *happy place*
Courage, commitment, and a big dash of nerves isn’t enough however. At some point, it will be time to hit send. This is usually when I want to vomit, lol. I’m not sure how I got brave enough to go for it this week, but there was certainly a feeling of fearlessness in the act. I may have shut my eyes when I clicked send.
Are you one of the brave? Have you hit send lately or are you planning to hit send soon? Tell us how you do it. What gets you to push send?
The Goals – week-9 results
- Spend at least 1-hour a day with my characters – done.
- Daily progress in writing craft, word count, editing, and/or plotting – done. Although I wish I could do away with my evil day job, unless it’s pay day, I’m very thankful for its flexibility. Thursday I was able to spend almost the whole day on my WIP. After reading the notes from my brilliant beta, I cut all kinds of darlings. It was painful, but I sure do like the result. The MS moves much faster now. Whee!! 🙂 I hit send and moved on to my new WIP, adding 1k.
- Workout a minimum of three times a week and round it out with plenty of water, sleep, and my calorie limit – done! I got in three workouts and kept to all my other goals here.
- Weekly Nia study (i.e. studying the song/movement structure) – not done. WEEK 10 PRIORITY
- Stay on top of my co-op preschool Treasurer responsibilities – done. I worked on several reports, paid several bills, and attended a parent meeting.
- Organize something in the house each week – not done. WEEK 10 PRIORITY
- Spend time in the Garden – done. It was a beautiful week here and I spent most of it inside editing, but by Friday, the day after hitting send, I spent several hours in the garden and yesterday too. Lots more weeding to do, but I’m making progress.
What you might have missed here this week: