My mini challenge continued this week. I’m still behind, but I typed two lovely words. The End! 😀 I’ve also done a couple read throughs and am now digging into the hard part of my pre-CP edit ritual.
There are only four chapters in this little story and each time I finish a around of edits on one, I’m getting outside to spend time in my garden. It’s such a good reward. I love getting my hands dirty, pulling the junk, trimming away last years branches, and making way for the beautiful things to come. Gardening is a nurturing activity, one that requires patients and persistence. Not unlike my writing. In the end, let’s hope their both sublime.
Are you rewarding yourself with anything this weekend? What are your favorite kind of rewards? Mine is usually spa treatments. I might need a massage after this weekend, lol.
The Goals – week-7 results
- Spend at least 1-hour a day with my characters – done.
- Daily progress in writing craft, word count, editing, and/or plotting – done. I wrote or edited everyday, adding 3k and typed THE END!! Yesterday, I utilized the find feature over and over and over. I hope to have the WIP sent to my CP by the end of the day Monday.
- Workout a minimum of three times a week and round it out with plenty of water, sleep, and my calorie limit – not done. I got in one workout, destroyed the calorie limit, but I got plenty of water. WEEK 8 PRIORITY
- Weekly Nia study (i.e. studying the song/movement structure) – not done. WEEK 8 PRIORITY
- Stay on top of my co-op preschool Treasurer responsibilities – done. I finished several deposits and paid several bills.
- Organize something in the house each week – done. Nothing too exciting, just readied the house for company.
- Spend time in the Garden – done. The overnight frosts are usually done by this time in Michigan. So, this is my big gardening weekend of the year. The weeds come out and annuals go in. I finished the front of the house yesterday. So pretty. Today, I’ll tackle the veggie garden and start on the perennial garden and my roses have some training to do. Which means I better get another chapter edited asap. 😀
What you might have missed here this week: