Last week I took on a challenge, to write and polish a 10k novelette by the middle of June. Of course, this is when the evil day job decides to roar, but I was on a deadline, self-imposed, but a deadline. A decision needed to be made. I could either walk away from my challenge or I could postpone other items on my to-do list.
I decided to postpone. I wrote everyday.
The novelette isn’t done yet, and my week-6 results might be kind of sad, but I have less than 2k to go before I start my first read through. Wahoo! I need to give a shout-out to Julie Glover. She kept me going this week. Thank you, Julie. You rock.
The Goals – week-6 results
- Spend at least 1-hour a day with my characters – done.
- Daily progress in writing craft, word count, editing, and/or plotting – done. I wrote everyday. Yes, I’m pretty happy about that. I added over 4k this week to my challenge WIP.
- Workout a minimum of three times a week and round it out with plenty of water, sleep, and my calorie limit – not done. WEEK 7 PRIORITY
- Weekly Nia study (i.e. studying the song/movement structure) – not done. WEEK 7 PRIORITY
- Stay on top of my co-op preschool Treasurer responsibilities – done. I prepared for/attended the last parent meeting and scheduled the budget meeting for the next fiscal year.
- Organize something in the house each week – not done. WEEK 7 PRIORITY
- Spend time in the Garden – not done. I didn’t make any progress, but I took time to admire the new blooms. There is a wall of Lilac bushes at the back of our yard. So pretty. Wish I could share the fragrance with you and the Lily of the Valley. Their quiet beauty always makes me happy. WEEK 7 PRIORITY
What you might have missed here this week: