I’m taking this week off from Weekend Writing Warriors. I’ll be back with a new 8 next week.
Spring has sprung here in Michigan. What a difference a week makes. Last week was cold and depressing. This past week the sun came out and everything came to life.
With the arrival of spring my to do list is going to start growing as well. I love my gardens, but this time of year there is a lot to be done. I’m not sure how I’m going to keep up with everything. Note the new goal down below.
It’s important to take the time for all your interests. By feeding my green thumb, I’m bound to put a spring in my step. Now, more than ever it will be important to remain focused. Time to put my ROW80 skills to the test.
Do you have any new challenges coming your way?
The Goals – week-4 results
- Spend at least 1-hour a day with my characters – done.
- Daily progress in writing craft, word count, editing, and/or plotting – done, except for Friday. My oldest had a half day of school. We had a good time, no regrets. I’ve recently figured out that my WIP needs a few extra scenes in the third act. I finally got it plotted this week and I started writing. Yeah! All I need is another sprint or two and I’ll have it done.
- Workout a minimum of three times a week and round it out with plenty of water, sleep, and my calorie limit – not done. My sinus cold just would not go away this week. I let the exercise part of this goal lapse in favor of extra rest. WEEK 5 PRIORITY
- Weekly Nia study (i.e. studying the song/movement structure) – done. My new way of tracking worked again this week. I found time for this goal, but I’m leaving it as a priority for now. WEEK 5 PRIORITY
- Stay on top of my co-op preschool Treasurer responsibilities – done. Finally an easy week. I just answered a couple emails.
- Organize something in the house each week – done. There were a couple places in my pantry that were getting messy. I picked up a bunch of small baskets this week, problem solved. Also, my email inbox has been out of control with unread blog posts. This week I finally got moving with Evernote and the inbox is slowly shrinking. Yeah for getting organized. Feels good.
- Spend time in the Garden – done. I started small this week. Years ago, I planted a bunch of daffodils and tulips for the sole purpose of cutting the flowers to bring in doors. There’s been a few years I’ve forgotten to bring them in. They look so pretty in the garden. This week, I brought the tulips in doors and I think they look fabulous on my table.
What you might have missed here this week: