I’m taking this week off from Weekend Writing Warriors. I’ll be back with a new 8 next week.
Spring has sprung here in Michigan. What a difference a week makes. Last week was cold and depressing. This past week the sun came out and everything came to life.
With the arrival of spring my to do list is going to start growing as well. I love my gardens, but this time of year there is a lot to be done. I’m not sure how I’m going to keep up with everything. Note the new goal down below.
It’s important to take the time for all your interests. By feeding my green thumb, I’m bound to put a spring in my step. Now, more than ever it will be important to remain focused. Time to put my ROW80 skills to the test.
Do you have any new challenges coming your way?
The Goals – week-4 results
- Spend at least 1-hour a day with my characters – done.
- Daily progress in writing craft, word count, editing, and/or plotting – done, except for Friday. My oldest had a half day of school. We had a good time, no regrets. I’ve recently figured out that my WIP needs a few extra scenes in the third act. I finally got it plotted this week and I started writing. Yeah! All I need is another sprint or two and I’ll have it done.
- Workout a minimum of three times a week and round it out with plenty of water, sleep, and my calorie limit – not done. My sinus cold just would not go away this week. I let the exercise part of this goal lapse in favor of extra rest. WEEK 5 PRIORITY
- Weekly Nia study (i.e. studying the song/movement structure) – done. My new way of tracking worked again this week. I found time for this goal, but I’m leaving it as a priority for now. WEEK 5 PRIORITY
- Stay on top of my co-op preschool Treasurer responsibilities – done. Finally an easy week. I just answered a couple emails.
- Organize something in the house each week – done. There were a couple places in my pantry that were getting messy. I picked up a bunch of small baskets this week, problem solved. Also, my email inbox has been out of control with unread blog posts. This week I finally got moving with Evernote and the inbox is slowly shrinking. Yeah for getting organized. Feels good.
- Spend time in the Garden – done. I started small this week. Years ago, I planted a bunch of daffodils and tulips for the sole purpose of cutting the flowers to bring in doors. There’s been a few years I’ve forgotten to bring them in. They look so pretty in the garden. This week, I brought the tulips in doors and I think they look fabulous on my table.
What you might have missed here this week:
Thanks for sharing your tulips! They’re a favorite of mine. 😕
You’re welcome 🙂 They’re a fav of mine too. Thanks for stopping in, Kitt.
I did some of that gardening stuff, too – so nice that good weather is finally here! Good job on your goals, too! Here’s hoping you can send that cold the way of winter.
Thanks. I’d forgotten how easy it is to catch plot bunnies while I’m gardening. Oh boy, lol. My cold seems to be slowing down, thank goodness, just in time for my eyes to itch. Figures, but that I can muster through. I don’t have it as bad as some.
Your tulips look great! I’m glad you have time to enjoy your garden, I know a walk in the park always inspires me 🙂 And you had a great week too, keep at it!
Thanks and I agree. It’s a perfect cure for the blues.
Love all your “done” entries. Way to go! I hope this week goes equally well – and that you get over your sinus infection completely. Have a good one!
Thanks. Yes, the sinus baloney needs to go away. This week is a busier one for me. I need to do a better job protecting my time. Hope you have a good week too.
How’s your week going? I’m making some headway. How ’bout you?
You’re awesome for checking in. I so needed this. It’s been a bad week so far. Everyday has been filled with extra tasks, traveling back and forth for car repairs, working at DS’s school, DS’s concert, and today is the kids’s dentist day, but the hubs just told me he’s going to take them. Yeah! Today’s going to rock. Glad to read you’re moving forward. 🙂
Sounds like your To Do list looks a lot like mine . . . at least with the number of things you’ve got on the go. I hope you had a great day.
I didn’t get much writing-related work done, but I did get my personal training re-certification exam written (failed it by two questions, then retook it for a 94 percent . . . Whew!).
At any rate, it’s onward and upward. Have a great end to your week. TTFN
I so miss tulips! They just scream SPRING. This feels like a well-balanced check-in. Way to go. I may have to look into something like Evernote for my blog reading now that Google Reader is going away and I don’t want to have everything coming into my inbox. Wishing you a fabulous week!
So true, those little flowers are a sweet hello to Spring. I think I’m already in Google Reader mourning, lol. I’ve been meaning to check out http://www.feedly.com/ I believe it will convert over a Google Reader feed. Fabulous week, sounds wonderful, thanks.
I love your tulips. I have one – I was just thinking I want more. I am awaiting irises and lilacs, and getting the table cleared for them.
I’ve gotten as far as looking over and walking around the yard, making minimal plans, and doing a little mowing. Another bout of rain, then sun again, and I think I will be ready for more.
It sounds like you are doing very well with your goals, and your gardening. Enjoy the sun! =)
Thanks. I need more irises. I do have a few pretty light purple irises. Can’t wait to see them or my lilacs either. So pretty. I’ll share pics once they arrive. I’ve walked around the yard a few times and my to-do list is a bit too long. I better make progress this week. I do plan on enjoying some sun, hope you can too.
Pingback: Wait a While: ROW80 Update, May 8, 2013 | shanjeniah
I have so many online friends who garden, and here I am with my embarrassing landscape beds. I wish you all lived closer!
Good week, S.J.! How nice to get a little extra time with the kid too. I’m still recovering from the writers’ conference. We’ll see how much, or little, I get done this week.