I have some fun news to share. Did you know that Siobhan Muir holds a flash fiction challenge every Thursday, called the #ThursThreads Challenge? I entered for the first time this past Thursday and won Most Romantic Story!! 😀 I’ve been smiling ever since. To make it all the sweeter, one of my favorite authors was the judge this week, Sandra Bunino!! <– Love her books. Be sure to come back on Tuesday, I’ll be sharing my winning flash and the photo that helped inspire the words.
Toot Toot!! 😀 Okay, now onto the ROW80 post…
Any journey is filled with ups and downs, triumphs and struggles. We know this. We’ve heard the very true saying:
“If a thing is worth doing, it is worth doing well. If it is worth attaining, it is worth fighting for. If it is worth experiencing, it is worth putting aside time for.” ― Author Unknown
But do we know it down to our bones or do we have to remind ourselves? I took a look at the tiles of my last 5-ROW80 posts: A New Routine, Something is Working, Can I Get a Do Over?, Starting Fresh, Slow and Steady, Perseverance. Hmm, interesting. I see the ups and downs of the last 5 weeks right there.
I dug out that famous quote to remind myself, like I keep doing and will keep doing. I want this journey. One thing I know that will help: I’d like to become my own best friend, my own personal cheerleader. Some weeks I’m better at the personal friendship bit than others. I love supporting my friends, so why not me too?
My goals are worth doing and I want to do them well. They are so worth fighting for. I don’t want to just live day to day, I want to experience the journey. I want to push past my fears and keep trying. That’s why I’m here.
I’ll continue to mold my routine to keep me moving forward. I’ll remember some weeks will see more progress than others. As long as I keep trying, I’ll keep moving forward. Sure, I want success yesterday, but it is worth waiting for.
Are you your own best friend? Please share your tips with this newbie.
The Goals – week-6 results
- Spend at least 1-hour a day with my characters- done.
- Daily progress in writing craft, word count, editing, and/or plotting- done. I started the forth Lecture in my Margie Packet. I edited on three-days and I finished a critque for my CP.
- Workout a minimum of three times a week and round it out with plenty of water, sleep and my calorie limit- DONE. I got in four workouts this week.
- Daily Nia study (i.e. studying the song/movement structure)- I did some practice teaching this week, but that’s about it. WEEK 7 PRIORITY
- Stay on top of my co-op preschool Treasurer responsibilities- done. Bills, bills bills. Can you say, “Checks in the mail.” 😀
- Organize something in the house each week- done. I finished my part in our tax prep. Wahoo. Looking forward to organizing something different next week.
What you might have missed here this week: