I got a glimpse of the new schedule this week and a taste of what it’s like to have your oldest in school all day. I didn’t cry, much. It was hard at times, but that’s life, it keeps changing and you have a choice to move forward or get dragged.
No burns and dirt for me, I kept moving.
Forward movement feels good. I even made my very first pitch to a couple of publishers during MFRW‘s “Write-place, Write-time” event. I received two requests yesterday!! And I have one more pitch to do this morning. Good times.
Motivation Jars (14-goals in all & $7.50 is up for grabs each week): 10-goals had real good progress or are complete. Wardrobe Jar gets $5.36 (total so far: $64.28) and NOT my political party of choice jar gets $2.14 (total so far: $10.72)
The Goals – week-10 results
- Spend at least 1-hour a day with my characters– done
- Pick a title for Voyage Novu #1 & #2- Goal complete. Yes, I did it, feels good too.
- Write 3,000 words each week or 33,000 for the round- I pulled my hair out with this task this week. I haven’t written 1st draft material in weeks, but I’ve been working hard on edits and prepping for the MFRW pitch fest. Some goals do have to sit to make way for others. BUT, I will not forget about this one, this week is it, literally for the round. WEEK 11 PRIORITY
- Spend time editing at least 3 times each week- done. I spent 4-days editing this week.
- Send Voyage Novu #1 to 2nd beta- Goal complete.
- Finish Editing Voyage Novu #1- I tinkered with it all week in preparation for the pitch fest, I searched for this and for that and bunch of other things. I’m glad I did, because I got a request! In fact I got two! Wahoo! I’m going to take another look this week and send it out AS REQUESTED 😀
- Voyage Novu#1 Query/Synopsis: finish, polish, get 2nd opinions, finalize AND send out 1st round- Goal complete. Yes, you read that right. I finished my query & synopsis this week, got 2nd opinions, and this weekend I’m showing the query to 3-publishers. THREE!
- Finish first draft of Voyage Novu#2 and begin to edit- I had fabulous intentions to read through VN#2 this week, but with the pitch event prep I couldn’t get my mind to shift. WEEK 11 PRIORITY
- Finish reading current craft book and start another- I started Margie Lawson’s Empowering Characters’ Emotions. Love Margie.
- Workout a minimum of 200-minutes a week and round it out with plenty of water, sleep and my calorie limit- done.
- Study one of the Nia 52-moves each week- Downward Punch: start in the ready position, and simultaneously bring one fist and forearm down in front of the body, while the other elbow and forearm draws back to maintain vertical alignment. To punch lower, move your hips backwards. Use equal force down and back up to the ready position. Look where you punch and exhale while you punch. Engage the whole body by pushing down with your feet.
- Finish the Sanjana bars and start the Opal bars (i.e. studying the song/movement structure)- No progress, another pitch casualty. WEEK 11 PRIORITY
- Finish needed continuing education, enter all credits on PMI site and save my PMP certification for another 3-years- No progress, another pitch casualty. WEEK 11 PRIORITY
- Stay on top of my co-op preschool Treasurer responsibilities- I got a break this week thank goodness, this week I just have a deposit to make and monthly reports to generate and distribute.
SYTYCD – season 9, top 6
Cole’s gone, I knew it. I’m not surprised, but I will miss him. It was an interesting week of performances. I was tempted to share a solo, Chehon, wow, and this will make you smile. But it’s Eliana & Cole, choreography by Mia Michaels that I had to share. It’s a piece about hatred, an emotion I despise, but their frustration is palpable and the movement is beautiful.
What you might have missed here this week:
Unsafe Haven by Char Chaffin ~ Living Alaska and a Giveaway <–fabulous post, thanks again Char.