Today I’m hosting family and friends to celebrate my two son’s birthdays. These happy occasions take a ton of time and I have some to spare, ha ha. I save event to-do-lists from year to year and boy do they come in handy. I have listed who to invite, where to get the cake, who has card tables they can bring, don’t want to forget to order the balloons or pick them up…all the way to the thank you notes. This year I attempted to do more things early to save my precious writing time. I’m pretty well prepared for the party, but I didn’t get much done this week on the giant list below. I tried and for that I need to let myself off the hook.
Motivation Jars (14-goals in all & $7.50 is up for grabs each week): 10-goals had real good progress or they’re in line for progress. Wardrobe Jar gets $5.36 (total so far: $53.03) and NOT my political party of choice jar gets $2.14 (total so far: $6.97)
The Goals – week-8 results
- Spend at least 1-hour a day with my characters– done
- Pick a title for Voyage Novu #1 & #2- I spent no time on this task this week, other than thinking I needed to do it. WEEK 9 PRIORITY
- Write 3,000 words each week or 33,000 for the round- no writing this week, I’d get sick about it except I KNOW next week will be different. WEEK 9 PRIORITY
- Spend time editing at least 3 times each week- done. I spent 3-days editing this week.
- Send Voyage Novu #1 to 2nd beta- Goal complete.
- Finish Editing Voyage Novu #1- I have not yet finished my current read through, maybe next week and then it will be off to a beta, again.
- Voyage Novu#1 Query/Synopsis: finish, polish, get 2nd opinions, finalize AND send out 1st round- I participated in a pitch camp this week and I greatly improved my logline.
- Finish first draft of Voyage Novu#2 and begin to edit- I originally planned for this goal to be done Mid-August, then by Labor day and now the plan is early September. I still have about 5,000 words left to write.
- Finish reading current craft book and start another- I only have one more chapter to read, but it didn’t happen this week. WEEK 9 PRIORITY
- Workout a minimum of 200-minutes a week and round it out with plenty of water, sleep and my calorie limit- done. 🙂 Not sure how I pulled this off this week, but I did. I can tell you, however, today I wont be counting my calories.
- Study one of the Nia 52-moves each week- Outward Punch: start in the ready position. Your elbow pushes your fist from the palm up to palm down with a full extension of the elbow out in front of you at shoulder lever. Reverse move back to the ready position. Sense the stop. Benefit: strengthens your core as well as your arm and will enhance your sense of personal power.
- Finish the Sanjana bars and start the Opal bars (i.e. studying the song/movement structure)- I didn’t finish the movement notes, but I made progress and I’ve got to be happy with that
- Finish needed continuing education, enter all credits on PMI site and save my PMP certification for another 3-years- No progress here, it slipped through my fingers WEEK 9 PRIORITY
- Stay on top of my co-op preschool Treasurer responsibilities- I didn’t have to do anything this week. What? Yes! But I wont be so lucky next week. I need to have the next round of invoices out by the end of the month and I have another parent meeting.
I’m looking forward to relaxing back into my normal routine this week. But first, I’m going to celebrate my boys. They’re now 3 and 6, how did that happen?
I’m hoping we all have a nice smooth week, daily progress, hard stuff first, loads of writing and tons of fun.
Having family around and birthdays to prepare, then celebrate, I’m still amazed you got 10 of your 14 goals down. That’s very impressive!
Hope you can keep up the good work! And have fun at the party 😉
Congrats on completing so much despite the demands of life this week! I think that’s great. Also – I have to say that I love what you do with your failed goal money. That would make me find a way to get every goal done every week, no matter what!
Have a great week!
Those parties can take a lot of planning. Happy birthday to your sons! Great job overall with the goals, and where you didn’t quite make it, you can knock it out next week. Keep pluggin’ away!
Impressive list AND progress. You are so organized! Yes it’s a giant list but one with such diversity, you are bound to make progress! I’m also noting how you set priorities for next week already. May your week go well.