Getting back on track after a few crazy days out of town is hard work. The beginning of the week I struggled to stay on top of my evil day job and my volunteer-treasurer work. Did I let the pressure drive the week or did I find a way to sail through the muck?
The pressure got to me this week, but I kept going and fell short in the same areas as always. Frustration is not welcome here, so what am I going to do? I need one week where I reach the hard to reach tasks. My priorities are going to get thrown to the wind and this is how I’ll let things settle, for this week: No writing on the new WIP until the latest PM training is complete AND I make respectable progress on the next song in the Sanjana routine. Okay, I almost fainted, but I have to do this. Yes, I need to keep writing, but I need to get this training going and I cant apply for a job teaching Nia until I have one routine in me. A plan, I should feel better, ha, ha 🙂
Motivation Jars (14-goals in all & $7.50 is up for grabs each week): 12-goals had real good progress or they’re in line for progress, but in 2 (Sanjana bars and PMP continuing education) I didn’t get it done. Wardrobe Jar gets $6.43 (total so far: $19.29) and NOT my political party of choice jar gets $1.07 (total so far: $3.21)
The Goals – week-3 results
- Spend at least 1-hour a day with my characters– done
- Pick a title for Voyage Novu #1 & #2- I came up with several ideas on my drive over the weekend as planed, but nothing is sticking just yet, more pondering to do here.
- Write 3,000 words each week or 33,000 for the round- done, I added 3,005 this week!!
- Spend time editing at least 3 times each week- 3-days and another 25-pages done. Wahoo!!
- Send Voyage Novu #1 to 2nd beta- my beta is going to RWA and if all goes well she’ll be reading on the plane! eek 🙂
- Finish Editing Voyage Novu #1- to be done after feedback is received from 2nd beta
- Voyage Novu#1 Query/Synopsis: finish, polish, get 2nd opinions, finalize AND send out 1st round- progress slow and steady this week. I’ll be able to give this item more attention once the draft is off to the beta.
- Finish first draft of Voyage Novu#2 and begin to edit- at 3k per week this goal should beginning in Mid-August
- Finish reading current craft book and start another- another chapter in 🙂
- Workout a minimum of 200-minutes a week and round it out with plenty of water, sleep and my calorie limit- I hit my first goal this week. BMI is down to 23.7, a year ago it was 30.2. So now what, the final goal is on, the last 5-pounds. This week I stayed on track and after a handful more weeks I’ll be in official maintenance mode.
- Study one of the Nia 52-moves each week- Upward Block: begin in the ready position = sumo position, elbows pulled in and back, palms up and forearms hugging the sides of the body. From the ready position pull the forearm up to protect your forehead with the bony side of your forearm facing towards your forehead (protect the bone) and back into the ready position. Repeat on both sides. Benefits: improves your ability to start and stop and builds your arm strength and speed.
- Finish the Sanjana bars and start the Opal bars (i.e. studying the song/movement structure)- the first victim again. WEEK 4 PRIORITY
- Finish needed continuing education, enter all credits on PMI site and save my PMP certification for another 3-years- victim number two, again. WEEK 4 PRIORITY
- Stay on top of my co-op preschool Treasurer responsibilities- I’m on top of this one. The tuition payments are in the bank and QuickBooks and had a good meeting with the accountant on Friday. Yeah.
Back to work for me. Good grief, I hope I get to write this week, hope you do too. Have a fabulous week.
12 out of 14 is GREAT! You’re doing GREAT!
So nice that you’re dedicating yourself to Nia 😉
Here’s to the hope of writing this week! Cheers!
S.J. it’s good to see you working out where you need to go and putting things aside when you need to. That’s wisdom! It sounds like you have a lot on your to-do list. Just keep plucking away at it and best wishes! I hope you wind up with the job and creative satisfaction you want.
You’re doing well! I understand the need to put some things on the back burner and focus on the priority goals. Best wishes with them! Hang in there.