First week working my new grand list. Am I ready to throw in the towel? 😉 No, I’m actually pretty pleased at how hard I pushed it this week. That’s not to say I could not have done better, but it’s a start.
The Goals – week-1 results
- Spend at least 1-hour a day with my characters– done
- Pick a title for Voyage Novu #1 & #2- I’ve picked a series title: The Love Projects and I’m tossing around the idea of She’s Mine for the title of the first book. I’m not sure.
- Write 3,000 words each week or 33,000 for the round- done, I added 3,020 this week!!
- Spend time editing at least 3 times each week- 24-pages done, I got a great idea from Julie Glover’s goal post and I’ve added a page goal to my edit sessions. This will help to keep me on schedule for the next goal in the list.
- Send Voyage Novu #1 to 2nd beta- I’ve had a brief discussion with my 2nd beta and we have a rough idea when I can send her the WIP, very exciting.
- Finish Editing Voyage Novu #1- to be done after feedback is received from 2nd beta
- Voyage Novu#1 Query/Synopsis: finish, polish, get 2nd opinions, finalize AND send out 1st round- lots going on in this goal and first up is finishing the Query/Synopsis. This week I’ve gathered all my ideas into the two documents and reviewed some of the tips I’ve gathered along the way. I’m tweaking each as I go on the edits and the pattern seems to be working so far.
- Finish first draft of Voyage Novu#2 and begin to edit- at 3k per week this goal should beginning in Mid-August
- Finish reading current craft book and start another- confession time, I did not finish Plot & Structure during the break, but I did read a whole chapter this week. Amazing how much more interesting a book is if you can read more than a couple pages at a time.
- Workout a minimum of 200-minutes a week and round it out with plenty of water, sleep and my calorie limit- my workouts slipped during break too, goodness. I didn’t get all 200-minutes this week, but I was close. Everything else was good, so close on this one. WEEK 2 PRIORITY
- Study one of the Nia 52-moves each week- Pelvic Circles: stand in “A” stance, move your hips in a fluid motion, as if you were playing with a hula hoop. Sense the motion of the ball of your hip joints rotating in their sockets. Keep your knees soft. Play with the speed and direction of your hips.
- Finish the Sanjana bars and start the Opal bars (i.e. studying the song/movement structure)- no new work on the bars, but I practiced teaching the 3-songs I know real well and feel much more comfortable there. I need to see progress on the bars next week WEEK 2 PRIORITY
- Finish needed continuing education, enter all credits on PMI site and save my PMP certification for another 3-years- I’m almost finished with my first 12-hour course, score. I did work on this during break and almost finished the first course this week, but the last goal on the list took way to much time on Friday.
- Stay on top of my co-op preschool Treasurer responsibilities- I’m on top of this one. As long as I keep plugging away I should be golden. I have a reasonable list to take care of this week before the first tuition checks are due, so it will be important to stay on top of this goal.
Motivation Jars (14-goals in all & $7.50 is up for grabs each week): 12-goals had real good progress or they’re in line for progress, but in 2 (workout minutes and Sanjana bars) I just didn’t get it done. Wardrobe Jar gets $6.43 and NOT my political party of choice jar gets $1.07
One novella WIP in edits, a second novella WIP is started (actually two WIPs are started, more about that in the next round), craft education continues and PMP continuing education in progress. Happy dance, lots done. BUT, Nia Sanjana still needs work, I need to get back to consistent workouts and I’m not in query mode yet…I’m not published yet
Back to work for me. Hope you have a fabulous week.
You’re doing good with your writing, yeah! Keep it up and have a great week 🙂
Great progress! I love the idea of the motivation jars! That’s awesome … I might come up with something like that too lol
Have a great week!
Wow, what a lot you got done this week! I loved Plot & Structure, but I admit there’s a lot there. It wasn’t a breeze-through read for me. And I couldn’t even give a pages-edited update this week because I searched my WIP for passive and unnecessary words and phrases instead. This coming week, I’ll be working through pages instead. I want to have a beautiful polished novel by the end of summer.
Best wishes crafting the query. You know how I feel about that. Have a lovely week!
That’s such a huge list! You’re doing great so far. Good luck!