What’s Row80? A round of words in 80 days is the writing challenge that knows you have a life.
This will be my third round of 80-days. I started out slow and easy in round-1. In round-2 I got a little more serious. I took on my first ever word count goal and I incorporated my non-writing goals to help me keep my whole life moving forward.
Now what for round-3? Status quo or no?
NO. I want more. I want more commitment. I want to query. I want to get published. Status quo will get me there, maybe. I’m going to put my antsy pants to good use.
- Spend at least 1-hour a day with my characters
- Pick a title for Voyage Novu #1 & #2
- Write 3,000 words each week or 33,000 for the round
- Spend time editing at least 3 times each week
- Send Voyage Novu #1 to 2nd beta
- Finish Editing Voyage Novu #1
- Voyage Novu#1 Query/Synopsis: finish, polish, get 2nd opinions, finalize AND send out 1st round
- Finish first draft of Voyage Novu#2 and begin to edit
- Finish reading current craft book and start another
- Workout a minimum of 200-minutes a week and round it out with plenty of water, sleep and my calorie limit
- Study one of the Nia 52-moves each week
- Finish the Sanjana bars and start the Opal bars (i.e. studying the song/movement structure)
- Finish needed continuing education, enter all credits on PMI site and save my PMP certification for another 3-years
- Stay on top of my co-op preschool Treasurer responsibilities
Okay, I know. That is one full and possibly disastrous list. I’ve done a ton of thinking over the past couple of weeks. If I back off I’ll just slack. I am capable of doing more when I am busy. These last couple of weeks proved it. No stressing, just moving forward and get busy with it. But there is some fun to be had here. Suzanne Rock gave me a fantabulous idea: Budget Creativity: Using Mini-Goals to Motivate.
I’ve got two jars. One labeled with the political party that is NOT my choice and the other is labeled wardrobe. Each week I’ll divide $7.50 based on the weeks results. At the end of the round I’ll have $100 in my jars. I really don’t want to help out the other guys, especially this year, and I’d really like to get something new for fall. so…
Let’s go round-3! It’s on.