Tomorrow is Memorial Day. How and who will you be remembering? I have plans to spend some time honoring my grandparents that have passed away. I’ll be having some of their favorite meals and snacks, telling stories to my sons who never met them because they passed away too soon, and I also plan to pull out some old photo albums to gaze upon their sweet faces. What ever you have planned I hope you are able to take a moment and enjoy the day.
The Goals – week-8 results
- Spend at least 1-hour a day with my characters- done
- Write 2,000 words each week– not done, again, but much improved over last week 1406-words. WEEK-9 PRIORITY
- Spend time editing at least 2-times each week– done. My WIP is now over the 25,000 word mark, yahoo, but I still have a couple more scenes to tweak before I give it one more read through and ship it over to my friend. WEEK-9 PRIORITY
- Finish reading current craft book and start another– spent more time here than last week, but I’m not done yet
- Participate in Before You Hit Send Self-Editing Workshop in April– the workshop is over. I think it’s time to revisit a couple of the workshop sections to make sure I’m still working some of the skills correctly WEEK-9 PRIORITY
- Turn 2nd-draft chapters to my writer friend for her critique– I’m getting really close now, it is entirely possible that next week this will say done
- Workout a minimum of 200-minutes a week and round it out with plenty of water, sleep and my calorie limit– I got over 200-minutes this week and everything else was good…done.
- Study one of the Nia 52-moves each week (the 52-moves is like the ballet bar for Nia lovers): Slow Clock. Begin by marching in place in the center of an imaginary clock on the floor. Use the clock like a map. Step out to a number on the clock and return to center. Repeat to different numbers on the clock and alternate sides, but always return to center after each step out. Benefits: teaches you to sense moving from the center as a way to monitor relaxation in the body and adds precision and grace.
- Finish the. Sanjana bars and start the Opal bars (i.e. studying the song/movement structure)– I’ve decided on another set of notes for my mirrors, even simpler this time around. Apparently I know more than I realize.
- Listen to the Nia sound track for the Sanjana routine each week and add Opal when I get to their bars– done
- Plan out and start participating in the last of my needed continuing education credits for PMP certification– Last week I made big progress here and this week nada. I’m going to sacrifice this task again this week in an attempt to make a big push on the WIP
Thanks for stopping by today. In a couple hours I’ll have my Six Sunday up, so I hope you will check that out too.
Happy Memorial Day.