My word count from last week did not stay with me this week, but this week was totally different. I actually got to the point in the book where I had to go back and reread everything to ensure my scene and character arc charts were up to date. Good News: I was able to write the scene in the middle that I had trouble with the first time through. Bad News: I found an important scene that had a bad case of the head hops. It took me most of Saturday, but I was able to fix it. Yeah. Okay, enough procrastinating and trying to convince you I was productive this week…
The Goals – week-5 results
- Spend at least 1-hour a day with my characters- done
- Write 2,000 words each week– I added 1,640 words, but check out the next line.
- Spend time editing at least 2-times each week– I edited 5-days this week! Oh yeah!!
- Finish reading current craft book and start another– made no progress again, WK 6 PRIORITY
- Participate in Before You Hit Send Self-Editing Workshop in April– the workshop is over and I put some of my new skills to work this week during my read through. Nice!
- Turn 2nd-draft chapters to my writer friend for her critique– I can sense it is going to happen this round…that counts for something, no?
- Workout a minimum of 200-minutes a week and round it out with plenty of water, sleep and my calorie limit– I slipped down to 135 minutes this week, not terrible, not going to get me to goal weight though either.
- Study one of the Nia 52-moves each week (the 52-moves is like the ballet bar for Nia lovers): Traveling in Directions. Move through the room and consciously change directions every few paces. As you change direction, move the position of your entire body at once. Think about the move before you make it, to heighten your brain-body hook-up. Lead each change of direction with your eyes. Benefits: Practicing traveling in directions keeps your body agile for moving through space with ease.
- Finish the Sanjana bars and start the Opal bars (i.e. studying the song/movement structure)– I’ve been struggling on this one lately. Basically, I’m trying to remember an hours worth of choreography with movement cues and such. Instead of trying to make it work…I’m quitting…once that decision was made an interesting idea came to mind. I’m going to try it out this week and I’ll let you know how it goes.
- Listen to the Nia sound track for the Sanjana routine each week and add Opal when I get to their bars– done
- Plan out and start participating in the last of my needed continuing education credits for PMP certification– no progress and I’m ok with that…as long as I start participating by the end of the round.
Okay, that wasn’t so hard. Tomorrow I am going to get right back into it. Oh, and since yesterday I forgot to pimp my own blog in my links of the week post I’m going to do it here…
and also today I’ll have another post for Six Sentence Sunday
Have a most excellent week and I’ll see ya all next Sunday.